topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:38 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Shutdown Windows toolbar ( SuperboyAC special for DC!)  (Read 6899 times)

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Shutdown Windows toolbar ( SuperboyAC special for DC!)
« on: January 31, 2011, 11:11 AM »
Hi guys, since I'm not a programmer but always secretly wished I was, I'm going to offer something here that nobody will care about, but I think is cool.  It's a shutdown toolbar for Windows.  It will work the same as the program Quick Shutdown, except it will just be a toolbar built with LBC.  I'll put some nice buttons and icons for it also.  Why am I doing this?  No real reason, it's just stress relief for me since I'm working hard lately.

First thing I need to figure out are all the shutdown command line parameters.  I'm going to do it for Windows 7 first.  Then I might do it for XP if it's different.

PS You can find my review of Quick Shutdown here:
http://aram.dcmember...ware/quick-shutdown/
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 11:13 AM by superboyac »

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Shutdown Windows toolbar ( SuperboyAC special for DC!)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 02:15 PM »
I've been thinking about making a shutdown menu for myself, but I would want mine to contain options to run SyncBack Pro and CCleaner so I'm less likely to forget them.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 02:35 PM »
I'm not sure yet, but I think if I set mine up the way I'm thinking, you'll be able to add whatever parameters you want in LBC to do that sort of thing.

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 02:47 PM »
I've been running TrueLaunchBar for years now, and there is a nice "Shut Down Computer" plugin that does just what you suggest. I don't think it's available as a standalone tool though.
Here's a screenshot
TLB-TurnOffComputer-ssc.png

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 03:22 PM »
Yes, ath, that's pretty much what I'm going for.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 09:02 PM »
iirc, mouser included a shutdown toolbar with LC sometime back consisting of nircmd shortcuts but a false positive malware alert caused him to remove it.

anyway for command line parameters, there is a shutdown.exe included in both WinXP and Win7. you can expand on it..

http://ss64.com/nt/shutdown.html

timns

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 09:38 PM »
This should work for Vista and 7 I think:

Wizmo

Wizmo Command Vocabulary

SHUTDOWN TRIGGER COMMANDS

standby  —  trigger Windows' standby mode
This is the shutdown mode, if supported, from which Windows can (sometimes) resume quickly. But it is still Windows, so save your files first.
Example: wizmo standby
   hibernate  —  triggers Window's long-term hibernation
If hibernation is supported by your Windows configuration, this command will trigger Windows to enter hibernation mode. This is the standby mode which Windows can remain in forever, since the system's RAM and device conditions are copied to hard disk. Hibernation is not supported by all Windows versions and configurations.
Example: wizmo hibernate
   logoff  —  log off the current user
Leaves the computer running, but attempts to gracefully close all of the current user's running programs and logs the current user off.
Example: wizmo logoff
   lock  —  lock the workstation
Exactly equivalent to pressing Ctl-Alt-Del then choosing "Lock Workstation."
Example: wizmo lock
   blindlock  —  lock the workstation & power-off monitors
Equivalent to pressing Ctl-Alt-Del then choosing "Lock Workstation" and keeping all system monitors powered off until login is successful.
Example: wizmo blindlock

This locks the system and powers down the monitors, forcing the logon password to be entered “blind” without the benefit of user-interface feedback. Before using this you should experiment with the regular “lock” command and using the Alt-U and Alt-P keys to select the username and password fields in case of unseen typos.
   exit  —  exit Windows
Attempts to gracefully close all of the user's running programs and exits Windows to the "safe to turn off" state. Does not power down the computer.
Example: wizmo exit
   reboot  —  restart (reboot) the computer
Attempts to gracefully close all of the user's running programs, exits Windows, reboots the system and restarts Windows.
Example: wizmo reboot
   shutdown  —  shutdown the computer
Shuts down all of the user's running programs, exits Windows, then powers off the machine if supported by the system's hardware.
Example: wizmo shutdown

And quite a few other features.