ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Choosing a CMS

<< < (15/18) > >>

allen:
Perhaps it's a really poorly put together theme... I've never had any such nightmares. In an ideal world, creating a page would be as simple as making a new page (or post, depending on how you're organizing things) in the admin panel, they'd all inherit the default page theme. No more difficult than posting on this forum. You're not finding that to be the case? (It doesn't look like there's complex design on your site to require individual page templates)

Bamse:
Theme was last updated 2010-04-13 so a few months before 3.0 = likely compatibility problems. Test with default theme should work then? The theme I follow a bit has 30000+ code lines, much come from tons of ever breeding theme features but changelog often have references to WP it self or popular plugins. You can get pretty screwed if what you use is dead or dying, what happens now 3.1 is around the corner? Part of the fun :)

Renegade:
It's bizarre.

I supposed that I'm somewhat spoiled by the DotNetNuke world where there is very strong separation between the data, business logic, and presentation layers. WP themes are spaghetti of while loops and all sorts of nastiness.

I supposed it could be compatibility...

The weird thing is that I can't think of why the wrong data would get returned (the duplicate photo finder page). That's just bizarre to me. I really don't see how a theme could cause that.

(I had encountered the problem, then deleted the page, emptied the trash, recreated the page... all to no avail.)

Renegade:
Part of the fun :)
-Bamse (February 02, 2011, 10:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

I wish I could agree with that right now -- but it's not fun right now.

While I really wish that I could get in there, figure it all out, sort it, and get on with things, I just can't afford the time right now. :( It's entirely about just not having time... Which kind of pisses me off, because I know that at some level there has to be some weirdness that I could solve. WP works all over the place, and I've used it many times before with success. This time though, it's being a bit of a pig, and I just don't have the time for it. :(

I'll just hope that at some point later I can get back to WP with more time on my hands.

mahesh2k:
I'm sure this has nothing to do with WP, looks more like DB issue to me. If there isn't any data in it then you can simply delete the wp installation and start from scratch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version