ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Safe programs for File Recovery

<< < (2/4) > >>

JavaJones:
R-Studio is pretty hardcore and should probably be on your list.

- Oshyan

Bamse:
Was about to say R-Studio but will just add that demo only work with <64kb files. But you can get a forensic report to be used in a court, always useful.

JavaJones:
The demo of R-Studio will at least show you the files it finds and thinks it can recover, even though you can only *verify* recovery of files smaller than 64kb.

- Oshyan

Bamse:
Yes, wrong to say it only work with <64kb. I guess test must be so fool proof that there are zero signs of anything. If signs detected disk can be send off to some recovery genius and then who knows. Scanning is as paid version so that should do.

kyrathaba:
So far, I've tested against:

(1) Pareto Data Recovery
(2) Softonic File Scavenger

PDR couldn't find the "securely deleted" text file 'unrecoverable22.txt' at all.

SFS found it, but it found the version my code had overwritten the original as, namely a zero-length file with file attributes showing creation/modified dates in year 2036, as shown below (in other words, what it found in no way resembles the original file).  Rather it found the truncated, false-attributes file my code creates before calling File.Delete():

Safe programs for File Recovery

So, thus far, I'm pleased with how my code is holding up...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version