ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Drop target to move files to predefined folders

<< < (15/16) > >>

dragonmage:
Sorry it took so long to get around to testing. I have some bug reports and some feature ideas.

[BUGS]

* If two items exist in the ini and one is not a valid path the popup is not created and the operation is executed with the first valid path as the target. (maybe on load you should warn of invalid paths and give the item number)
* "Reload Settings" attempts to perform the last completed operation again, but with the target of the first valid path in the ini.
[IDEAS]

Functionality

* I can't seem to find an easy way to set the target to the Recycle Bin. Any ideas?
* It would be nice to have a quick way to open the target folders. Maybe an "Open Folder" submenu in the context menu that lists all the items by label name. Selecting one opens the corresponding folder. With only one target maybe the folder can be opened by a click or doubleclick on the window.
* Here's a biggie. Would it be possible to have an alternate mode where you send files to applications rather than folders? It would be great if you could specify arguments in the ini as well.
Appearance

* Set border color.
* Set transparency
* And the biggie... Make it skinnable! Transparent PNG support for the background.

skwire:
[BUGS]

* If two items exist in the ini and one is not a valid path the popup is not created and the operation is executed with the first valid path as the target. (maybe on load you should warn of invalid paths and give the item number)
* "Reload Settings" attempts to perform the last completed operation again, but with the target of the first valid path in the ini.-dragonmage (December 28, 2011, 01:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Drop Zone has a feature where, if there is only one valid path configured, no menu will pop up.  However, you do make a good point about informing users about bad paths.  Regarding the "Reload Settings" issue, I'll take a look.

Functionality

* I can't seem to find an easy way to set the target to the Recycle Bin. Any ideas?
* It would be nice to have a quick way to open the target folders. Maybe an "Open Folder" submenu in the context menu that lists all the items by label name. Selecting one opens the corresponding folder. With only one target maybe the folder can be opened by a click or doubleclick on the window.
* Here's a biggie. Would it be possible to have an alternate mode where you send files to applications rather than folders? It would be great if you could specify arguments in the ini as well.-dragonmage (December 28, 2011, 01:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

1) I just tried it with the CLSID for the Recycle Bin and it didn't work so I'd assume that it can't be done without some internal code changes.

2) Good idea.  I'll consider adding this.

3) No, I think it would be outside the scope of the program.  You may want to check out DropIt, another similar app with much more capabilities.

Appearance

* Set border color.
* Set transparency
* And the biggie... Make it skinnable! Transparent PNG support for the background.-dragonmage (December 28, 2011, 01:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

You won't see skinned stuff from me as it's not my style or preference at all.  Again, check out DropIt and see if it's more suited to your tastes.  Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.   :)

Elancore:
Thanks

skwire:
You're welcome and welcome to the DonationCoder site.   :)

wazu:
Is it possible to configure to upload to my website or can it be run on the website to collect from my pc?
many many thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version