ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Drop target to move files to predefined folders

<< < (13/16) > >>

4wd:
Does it have the capability of assigning to directories on flash drives where the drive letter may change? Be a terrific app for portable use if it did that.
--- End quote ---

If I've got it right, 40hz is talking about using paths that occur on the drive Drop Zone is running from, so when the initial setup is done couldn't the path for those directories be stored as relative paths?

You only need compare the selected path against the executable path to see if the drive matches, if it does replace the drive designation with sufficient dots and slashes, (morse code for paths :) ), to make it relative to the Drop Zone path.

Then the drive letter becomes irrelevant if it changes.

EDIT: Muddled timns with 40hz, sorry guys you both look like a bunch of electrons from this distance.

TomD101:
Hello skwire,
looking for another special tool, I found your dropbox. Another great little app.
I am creating a mp3 folder structure to store all my mp3 I downloaded from a certain (yes, it's legal) portal. Renaming the files to my liking is done via an app by you (TAR) or Krishean. Maybe you remember this thread https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=24936.0.
Both your tools need to be present in the subdirectory with the mp3 files.
Example:
d:\MP3\Amy Whinehouse - Greatest Fits
d:\MP3\ACDSee - Greatest Hits
d:\MP3\Shakira - Greatest Hips
add another 35 to 60 directories per Month as a safe asumption

I have TAR and the other program stored in d:\MP3. I need it in every subdir. So I would like to have dropbox expanded to the "all level one subdirectories from here" option.
It would mean, I don't have to define special dropzones but it would copy / move / ask it to any next subdir of the maindir.
Aaaand it would skip any subdir, where the file(s) is/are already present. If you want to include version / date control, the better, but not really necessary.
Because: Drum Roll Please!! Every donationcoder tool that gets published, almost never has to be updated again.

Thomas
Berlin, Germany

skwire:
Maybe you remember this thread http://www.donationcoder....m/index.php?topic=24936.0.-TomD101 (March 29, 2011, 04:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sure, I remember.  :)

Both your tools need to be present in the subdirectory with the mp3 files.-TomD101 (March 29, 2011, 04:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
[...]
I have TAR and the other program stored in d:\MP3. I need it in every subdir.-TomD101 (March 29, 2011, 04:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Correct me if I'm wrong but are you copying the TAR.exe file into every folder that you have MP3s in?  If so, why?!

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.0.2 - 2011-05-25
    + Add support for Windows environment variables in destination paths e.g:
      1=Desktop|c:\documents and settings\%username%\desktop
      2=Temp|%tmp%
      (Thanks, Gerard)
    * Removed sequential indexing mandate.  Now you can use any number between
      1 and 1000 e.g.:
      100=Desktop|c:\documents and settings\%username%\desktop
      250=Temp|%tmp%
    ! Configured paths that didn't exist would mess up enumeration of existing
      paths.

dragonmage:
I haven't gotten a chance to try this out yet but it looks very interesting. If the suggestion box is still open I'll probably drop a few ideas/requests here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version