ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Drop target to move files to predefined folders

<< < (12/16) > >>

timns:
Off the top of my head, use dir to determine if a matching Volume Serial Number for the flash drive exists?

ie. User selects a directory on a flash drive, program calls dir to get the VSN and then can check for existance on subsequent copy/move operations.
-4wd (February 09, 2011, 11:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Wouldn't that just either 'work or fail' - how does one then get the new letter? Well, without WMI...

4wd:
Wouldn't that just either 'work or fail' - how does one then get the new letter? Well, without WMI...-timns (February 09, 2011, 11:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Cycle through available drives.

Or you could use a marker file, (ie. a file with an uncommon name), and just check for existance on all drives.  The one it appears on gives you the drive letter, used to do this for batch files.  Has the advantage of not using external commands.

skwire:
Cycling through available drives and comparing serial numbers is definitely doable.  However!  I'd hate to screw that up, you know?  I already dislike writing apps that muck around with people's files and folders.  It's one thing to pooch your own files and another thing, entirely, to pooch somebody else's.

timns:
Wouldn't that just either 'work or fail' - how does one then get the new letter? Well, without WMI...-timns (February 09, 2011, 11:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Cycle through available drives.

Or you could use a marker file, (ie. a file with an uncommon name), and just check for existance on all drives.  The one it appears on gives you the drive letter, used to do this for batch files.  Has the advantage of not using external commands.
-4wd (February 09, 2011, 11:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

I like the simplicity. But what the effect be of cycling through all drives if there were disconnected shares over a network etc... would there be huge delay while this was happening?

skwire:
I should mention that Drop Zone does verify your configured paths when it starts up.  If a path is invalid/missing, it does not add it to the popup menu.  If that path later becomes available, simply choose reload from that Drop Zone's context menu.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version