ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Move installed programs from one drive to another.

<< < (2/4) > >>

mouser:
there are programs designed specifically for moving installed software from one place to another.. can't remember names off hand but they do exist.  maybe someone else can think of some, otherwise i will try to remember.

having said that, it's always somewhat of a crapshoot, and you should give strong consideration to uninstall then reinstall in desired location.

Baseman:
Excuse my ignorence but won't ghost 9/10 do this? I.ve copied my entire hard drive onto another and it works...

Black Mamba:
there are programs designed specifically for moving installed software from one place to another.. can't remember names off hand but they do exist.  maybe someone else can think of some, otherwise i will try to remember.-mouser (February 23, 2006, 11:43 AM)
--- End quote ---
Acronis Migrate Easy. :)

mouser:
another:
http://www.funduc.com/app_mover.htm

i know there is at least one more big app that does this, can't remember it though.

nudone:
just to clarify, i think KaysLover is not wanting to migrate to a larger hard drive so things like 'acronis migrate easy' are not the right tool, but 'application mover' that mouser has pointed out are correct, i.e. they will 'move' the installed program to another path (it wouldn't even have to be a different drive).

i remember norton (might have been symantec - poor memory) having some kind of tool that did this a long time ago. i guess they would still do it now, maybe with a different name?????

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version