ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How to create a shortcut for the "wireless network connection" in Windows XP?

<< < (10/16) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Thanks!

I was thinking, if "we" bolt this thing down with a SysTray icon and Registry stored info. It could be (configurably) HotKeyed ... That's about the fastest access route I can think of ... Sound good to anybody?

4wd:
Works here on my netbook but lists every interface, even ones no longer plugged in.

In AutoIt someone created a UDF for WiFi functions, to get available adapters there's a function that calls wlanapi.dll to enumerate the interfaces.

Could that method be used for just the currently active WiFi adapter list?

superboyac:
Okay, got it working (finally). There are currently no (.ini/reg) save functions as of yet. So it is on a perennial first run basis at the moment. But a general feel of the app can be had so I thought I'd toss it up for comment.

When the dialog opens, caret focus is on the adapter list, so just arrow down to the adapter wanted and hit enter.

Let me know if I'm on the right track here SB.
 (see attachment in previous post)
-Stoic Joker (January 30, 2011, 11:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'll report on Monday, I don't have anything to test it on right now.

Stoic Joker:
Works here on my netbook but lists every interface, even ones no longer plugged in.-4wd (January 30, 2011, 12:24 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'd been wondering if that would be an issue, but wasn't sure how common the disabled adapters problem would be.

In AutoIt someone created a UDF for WiFi functions, to get available adapters there's a function that calls wlanapi.dll to enumerate the interfaces.

Could that method be used for just the currently active WiFi adapter list?-4wd (January 30, 2011, 12:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Given my (I'm beginning to suspect insane) habit of working in straight Win32 API C++, no. But I might be able to do something like that to eliminate the disabled adapters.

Below is the current build with working save to .ini, or registry options. The default action is to save nothing anywhere in the interest of portability.

4wd:
Works here on my netbook but lists every interface, even ones no longer plugged in.-4wd (January 30, 2011, 12:24 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'd been wondering if that would be an issue, but wasn't sure how common the disabled adapters problem would be.-Stoic Joker (January 30, 2011, 03:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

It reported a 802.11n adapter I haven't had plugged in for 6 months, another 802.11g adapter (unplugged) and a Huawei 3G modem (unplugged) as well as the normal LAN interface.

Given my (I'm beginning to suspect insane) habit of working in straight Win32 API C++, no. But I might be able to do something like that to eliminate the disabled adapters.
--- End quote ---

The AutoIt stuff seemed to be based on this C/C++ code into the Native WiFi API and I was thinking you could use that to get the string names of the current accessible adapters and then match against the ones you get from the registry to eliminate the others.

But what I know about C could be written on a pinhead in crayon, so I'll climb back under my rock :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version