ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

Major feature instead of new up for NANY?

<< < (4/6) > >>

skwire:
As much as I understand the logic, I say no.-worstje (January 24, 2011, 06:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed.  Leave NANY as it is.

mouser:
Would it really change any of the end-of-the-year NANY stuff?  People would still participate in the final push for NANY apps, etc.

wraith808:
Would it really change any of the end-of-the-year NANY stuff?  People would still participate in the final push for NANY apps, etc.
-mouser (January 24, 2011, 09:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think it would.  I think that NANY should be left alone, and maybe something else created- DoCo's anniversary seems like a good one, IMO.

Perry Mowbray:
-mouser (January 24, 2011, 09:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

This was sort of done this year as we opened the event mid year... and looking at the release dates:

* people were releasing teasers as early as June, and about 30% had teased by end November
* people were releasing final releases  as early as November
We had similar worries for this year, but I think what happened was that each entrant used NANY the best way they could... those that like the end of year rush do that and those that prefer the slow build up do that (and everywhere in between). So it may not have an effect...

But personally I'd keep NANY as New Year and do something else for the Celebration / Anniversary (was it March??)

mouser:
March is our anniversary month, and this year we DO need to have a new fundraiser (last one was 2 years ago); doing this yearly would also make sense.

But it doesnt make sense to have a programming event then i don't think.. Though i guess encouraging UPDATES to existing apps for march could make some sense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version