ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Simple Photo Resizer - Please Give Feedback

<< < (8/10) > >>

Renegade:
Well, got a few improvements in there and a new installer:

Photo Resizer ed. Update here.

You can drag & drop a photo onto the desktop icon to open & resize a photo now.

It only saves JPGs, but you can also use SVG, GIF, PNG and BMPs with it.

I also put in some options there (press F4):

Those address a few things that people asked about.

Also, the quick save now uses tokens to identify the file with width and height. It's customizable in the preferences.

And 3 ways to open files:

* Drag & drop
* File open dialog (click to open)
* Drag & drop onto desktop icon (i.e. a command line argument)

Anyways, this is the final:

And a BIG THANKS to Ath for helping me out with the Inno Setup installer and getting an automatic download for the .NET 4 Client Profile for anyone that doesn't already have it installed.

Still working on the website and junk though... Unfortunately I've been very distracted with client work -- that nasty stuff that puts food on the table... Sigh...

UPDATE 2011-03-25:

Follow up is in this thread.

vlastimil:
Renegade, I was in similar situation years ago, but went even more extreme with the ease of use and ended up with this free resizing tool: http://www.rw-designer.com/picture-resize
I added a lot of features over the years, but the basic functionality remained the same. Drag and drop photo or folder on it and it creates resized copies. No GUI, no sliders, no buttons. It can be configured by changing its name... Newbies just drag and drop, power users can do a lot more.

BTW cubic resampling is no good when shrinking images. It is for magnification of images.

nudone:
cool. i look forward to seeing the other super simple programs in the range.  :Thmbsup:

johnk:
Another option: For XP I always used the Microsoft Power Toy Photo Resizer. Right-click on file and resize. Can't get much simpler. And someone has re-invented Photo Resizer for Win7. Seems to work fine.

Carol Haynes:
Nice little app. Couple of suggestions:

* How about adding an option to save suitable for a webpage just a single tick box will do (ie. set the right DPI without asking about details).
* As well as showing the size of the output how about including the file size output - if you are resizing to email a photo the file size is useful to know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version