ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Simple Commandline to send Keystrokes (WinSendKeys)

<< < (5/9) > >>

kikon:
thanks a lot Ath !
I used this line :
WinSendKeys -w "Help and Support Center" -c

but what to do when application is not running. In most cases, we should send clipboard content to app that not running at the moment...

to use cmd.exe ? or you can add this feature to your utility ?

Ath:
I thought about that when working on this extension, but could not make a decision whether to add that as a feature or not. It's quite a different feature, as the executable of the file to load usually doesn't have much relation with the title of an active window. It would most likely require an extra commandline parameter. And while that's not really bad, it's imho a bit off of the original idea.

I'll think about it for a bit, and write here what I decide.

Ath:
I'll think about it for a bit, and write here what I decide.
-Ath (February 08, 2011, 04:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ok, I'll add a "-x" option, if it pleases you, that's fine (and fun) for me 8)

Ath:
Yet another update, and I've named it WinSendKeys 3.0 :-*

Latest release & download moved to separate thread

The excerpt from the changelog since 2.6, included in the source:
; 2011-02-09, version 3.0
; + Added -x executable_filepath option to start if WindowName is not found or executable filename is not found running
; + Added -xp executable_parameters option to specify parameters to executable_filepath

As usual, I updated the readme, compiled the AutoIt3 source into an exe, and pushed it all together in a zipfile, attached to this post.

kikon:
thank you Ath, but -x doesn't work yet. I used in various way, doesn't work :(
d:\run\WinSendKeys\WinSendKeys.exe -x C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\helpctr.exe -c

helpctr.exe just started and nothing is pasted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version