ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: RandomPlayer - play a mp3 file at (almost) random intervals

<< < (5/9) > >>

Paul Keith:
Slightly OT but I'm looking for something similar but it instead plays video files when the computer is idle sort of like a screensaver but one where it plays random specified video files.

app103:
Slightly OT but I'm looking for something similar but it instead plays video files when the computer is idle sort of like a screensaver but one where it plays random specified video files.
-Paul Keith (February 03, 2011, 09:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Set up your default video player software to how you want it (random, full screen, etc) then make a playlist of the videos you want it to pick from and save it as a playlist file.

Launch your playlist file with my IdleStart app. It allows one to run apps after a specified length of user idle time (no keyboard or mouse input). It does not run apps as screensavers, but time the launching of apps with a more screensaver-like behavior.

Keep in mind that it will not close the video player when the PC is not idle. You will have to do that yourself or run the risk of multiple instances of your player running when you become idle again.

Paul Keith:
Thanks. I've forgotten about your apps, app.

The multiple instances kind of scares me but still thanks a lot, I thought it would be a lot more complicated to get a feature like this.

brotherS:
A new version is online... see my first post.

I've tested it quite some time, but there's a lot to test already. So I hope there're no bugs.
-wr975 (February 03, 2011, 09:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you! So far it's running very smoothly here... possibly bug-free! :)

brotherS:
RandomPlayer seems to ignore the sleep times, it played something after 23:30 - these are my settings:

[NOSOUNDS]
no_sounds_enable = 1   
         ; 0 or 1
no_sounds_start = 2330
         ; HHMM 24h     
no_sounds_end   = 0820
         ; HHMM 24h

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page