ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Google? Spam? Ads? No... No Conflict of Interest Here...

<< < (13/14) > >>

mahesh2k:
I guess you have tried reporting and found out that it's not working to when it comes to reporting spammers. So google don't want to get help from their search users. Only way to work around with this is either use google's flaws against them or continue to do what you can do rank better in SE(ethically).

Bamse:
I am a tiny person so they politely go BAH! I don't get referenced in matt cutts articles where it make sense to talk specific queries to satisfy who? This is a meeting in the "club" I think. I imagine a group of (qualified) people from a website or a forum doing this. Warrior forum is probably a bad suggestion but there most be several dealing with seo, search engines in a less aggressive way. Some web credentials would be good to have but research could be done by people related to consumer rights as well, these sites are not live to make a mockery of Google ranking but to earn money. Generic presentation of result cannot be ignored but must be above and beyond the typical Google vs. Bing war would be great. I think Google latest findings of Bing copying them is answer to the "scholar" claiming Google promoted own services in results. You check us, we check you - lets rock! They and their fanboys should not get a chance to divert problem in to muddy chitchat. That will happen unless research is almost generic.

If you have not read comments to his post then check them out. There seem to be quite a few who were (are?) tired of seeing their content here and there. Autoblogs are mentioned too.

mahesh2k:
There are few which matt cutts can't ignore like - seth godin, joel spoolsky and many others. Point is that you can't approach these guys and discuss this problem because the thing is that they hardly listen to the ground and usually communicate with people equal or above them. Another way, is creating meme on where google fails for users and share it with each other by adding their own bits. This way there will be noise (10 things google failed in 2010 type) but i'm sure atleast few things will get noticed.

Bamse:
You mean set up autoblogs with content focused on Googles faults? :) With Google ads of course. I lack enough hate towards Google to be able to pull that off. I don't buy the idea Google is in bed with Warrior forum people, as long as they use Google, but will of course not be so stupid as to believe such a huge market share have not made them lazy and too focused on how much money a certain activity bring home. They probably have people hired to work out algorithms for that as well. If they are stupid it is same stupidity preventing Microsoft to innovate, what some say over and over. Why bother or change what works? But hard to understand that sites in full violation of everything they claim to stand for rank high. They are not even up for a few changes but simply deletion from index. Should be embarrassing for them. Critical minds will not think "Well index is not flooded with them, we can live with that, learn to avoid" but "So what else is messed up?"

mahesh2k:
You mean set up autoblogs with content focused on Googles faults?
--- End quote ---

No. I mean 'meme' blogging. For example, some folks on technorati use such type of blogging and they divert traffic to each others post. One blogger writes on '10 things to do before death' then another blogger reblogs the stuff with his own input and linking to previous article. This type of chain blog posts are called meme blogging. There is more into meme blogging than this but as example for what i want to tell i'm modifying it. If these type of posts takes G's attention then chances are there that they'll pull something out with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version