ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Google? Spam? Ads? No... No Conflict of Interest Here...

<< < (12/14) > >>

Bamse:
There are many sites with no heart and soul but I don't think Google regard content based on lousy copywriting, SEO-tools (as a min. their own services) as spam. Apparently autoblogs are not even picked up as spam so your feeling of stats probably differ from Googles.

I don't run in to that many obvious spam blogs or websites. Am more hunted by crappy sites with a bit of original content but that overall are copycats, typically also big fans of ads and affiliate links. They might have read about copywriting but do not have the skills. 10 best ways of.., 5 most popular.., Apple/iphone, gossip sites and so on. Whatever topic is popular, whatever niche is dug up will get loads of useless sites circling around it. But not really what Google is fighting or regard as spam? As not to get lost in definitions I just use crap as a category. Also includes idiotic placement of ads and definitely any type of masking affiliate links. If I see that admin is not ranked much higher than the dude coming with new and improved autoblog setup next month. Intentions are related. This type of noise have increased dramatically, also via easy to use tools and ready to go super themes etc., any idiot can do it, but also a personal preference. Technically category is probably not spam by Googles definition.

mahesh2k:
Apparently autoblogs are not even picked up as spam so your feeling of stats probably differ from Googles.
--- End quote ---
That is because many such sties run on google adsense or adwords and kicking them is loss of revenue.

10 best linux features that kicks windows type of rants are not about copywriting or something, they're just part of content which is natural in memblogs. Plagiarism is spam, stealing content to earn money(which is more than plagiarism) is also spam, content which is not readable by humans is also spam. But google fails to notice them, not they don't disagree with that opinion of ours. They're just tied with revenue on one side and inability execute on the other side.

Bamse:
If Google fail to deal with autoblogs a group of people should start to research and make papers explaining problem. How much does content fill up in a top 100 result page for chosen keyword. Do 1000 searches. How many of the sites use Google ads and so on. Google ask for help so why wait for Bing or some click hungry high profile dude to do it? There is almost guarantee for headlines.

No, sites with no foundation or intentions other than desire to monetize via effective handling of popular topics, affiliate links, ads seems to be totally accepted in webdev circles. Not spammy at all, not if they are done right. My crap category do not care, noise is noise ;) Autoblogs are not really a standard to go by when evaluating what is spam or not since even the most marketing crazy sites will seem pretty good in comparison.

mahesh2k:
If Google fail to deal with autoblogs a group of people should start to research and make papers explaining problem.
--- End quote ---
Why ? google is paying anyone for such reasearch outside googleplex ? they already have bunch of phd noobs who failed to improve search quality. arent' those papers which failed enough as sign ?
Autoblogs are not really a standard to go by when evaluating what is spam or not since even the most marketing crazy sites will seem pretty good in comparison.
--- End quote ---
autoblogs contain plagiarized content, which is no different than spam. spam on writing sites is rehashed content. So exactly why these autoblogs are more after 2009 ? because SEO boom was started after 2009 and autoblogs were marketed like that in this particular year if i remember warriorforum threads. what google think is autoblog is complete fail way of thinking. they let any tom-dick-harry's autoblog pass by and genuine content restricted in search engine. You can't judget google's way thinking based on their search results. Their search engine is broken to be honest.

Bamse:
Well Google does not recognize there is a problem so they should receive help, from outsiders not anyone paid by MS or other interests. Regardless you think they instead of fighting autoblogs are making money with them content is still directly against any advise from Google them self. Content is king etc. So how to wiggle out of that one?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version