ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

GarageGames: $99 Game Engines (with Source!)

<< < (2/6) > >>

Renegade:
Well, we'll see...

http://www.garagegames.com/community/forums/viewthread/123860

Cross fingers...

wraith808:
You got a reply... something about building your own script bridge, whatever that is.  And you're not the only one on the fence...

Deozaan:
Well considering they just made the announcement late last night, I'm under the impression that the $99 price is going to be valid for at least a few weeks still.

EDIT:
Well, if I can use C# (easily), I'll buy. Need to figure that one out...-Renegade (January 20, 2011, 10:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
Also, I already own Torque 2D, so I could have told you that the engine is written in C++ and it uses a scripting language called TorqueScript. No (easy) way to interface it with C# that I know of.

Renegade:
You got a reply... something about building your own script bridge, whatever that is.  And you're not the only one on the fence...
-wraith808 (January 20, 2011, 10:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, we'll see. I don't know what a script bridge is, but I have a feeling that he means "no".

If that's the case, then I'm out. Writing a wrapper for an engine like that is a product and a half itself. I'm not interested in doing a truckload of work so that I can start to do work. I'm only interested in getting right down to it. :)

Oh well... Can't hurt to ask.

Well considering they just made the announcement late last night, I'm under the impression that the $99 price is going to be valid for at least a few weeks still.

EDIT:
Well, if I can use C# (easily), I'll buy. Need to figure that one out...-Renegade (January 20, 2011, 10:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
Also, I already own Torque 2D, so I could have told you that the engine is written in C++ and it uses a scripting language called TorqueScript. No (easy) way to interface it with C# that I know of.
-Deozaan (January 20, 2011, 10:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

And that's the last nail in the coffin...

Guess I'm out for that one.

Does anyone know of a good .NET game engine?

Deozaan:
GarageGames do have TorqueX which is XNA (C#/.NET IIRC) but they just announced in that post that they're discontinuing it in sometime in February.

See more info here:

TorqueX – February 28th will be the last day that you will be able to purchase TorqueX. The community is tight knit and working on a their own version of the engine, so for the next thirty days you will still be able to buy TorqueX and assign those licensees to other developers through a studio access panel. Discontinuing TorqueX is a hard decision for us, especially when considering how dedicated this community is. I would personally like to take the time to thank Pino. He’s a rock star and anyone using TorqueX knows that. We are still fans of XNA and we have a lot of time invested in the API. Don’t be surprised if/when an XNA based product finds it's way back to GarageGames. We have put a lot of effort into a future Windows Phone 7 product; however, we are taking a step back to reevaluate direction on all emerging platforms. Your opinions are greatly appreciated.-http://www.garagegames.com/community/blogs/view/20774
--- End quote ---

Also see the TorqueX product page.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version