ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011: Techniques, Tributes and Tribulations

(1/3) > >>

timns:
Ok it's just me, but I have a great interest in such things. So would the NANY crew be willing to share:

* Why were the NANY applications coded? (I mean why decide to code this particular app)
* What IDE did you use, if any?
* What language(s) is the application written in?
* Does it rely on any 3rd party libraries / code / graphics?
* Were any clever design principles used?
* Or any really hairy algorithms that you'd like to boast about?
* What was the trickiest part?
* Would you like to make a mention of any other DC members who helped out?

Edit: Actually, we all have an interest in such things, so in lieu of the regular survey maybe the NANY Entrants would like to fill this? Thanks Tims for posting the questions!  :Thmbsup:

skwire:

* Why were the NANY applications coded?  List Numberer and Ten Timer were made upon request.  Snap DB was an app I had written some time ago for my personal use that I decided to flesh out and pretty up for a NANY release.
* What IDE did you use, if any?  No IDE per se.  I use PSPad (which I have set up much like an IDE).
* What language(s) is the application written in?  AutoHotkey
* Does it rely on any 3rd party libraries / code / graphics?  A couple.  One for form/control resizing and another for the toolbar.  Neither are built-in to AHK.  The toolbar icons are taken from the Fugue set by Yusuke Kamiyamane
* Were any clever design principles used?  Ehhh...a few?  Ten Timer is written in such a way that it could easily be "Hundred Timer" with the change of one value.  Snap DB uses some pretty in-depth listview manipulations.
* Or any really hairy algorithms that you'd like to boast about?  Nope.
* What was the trickiest part?  N/A
* Would you like to make a mention of any other DC members who helped out?  Mouser, Perry and all the DC members that give feedback.

timns:

* How were the NANY applications coded?  For great justice?  With tender loving care?  I'm not sure what you're asking here.
-skwire (January 20, 2011, 10:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, sorry typo - I meant "why" as in "why did you decide to do it?" - fixed the original post.

skwire:
Yes, sorry typo - I meant "why" as in "why did you decide to do it?" - fixed the original post.-timns (January 20, 2011, 10:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

I adjusted my first answer.   ;)

timns:
Yes, sorry typo - I meant "why" as in "why did you decide to do it?" - fixed the original post.-timns (January 20, 2011, 10:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

I adjusted my first answer.   ;)
-skwire (January 20, 2011, 10:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

And a very good answer it is too  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version