ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Unlocker punishes you for not installing toolbar.

<< < (10/11) > >>

IainB:
I'll probably get made fun of for being a stupid ethnocentric American who doesn't know his geology (;)) very well, but where exactly is Australasia?-Deozaan (July 31, 2011, 03:43 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm buggered if I can answer that. I am having enough problems finding a decent public toilet here, never mind a map. Twenty years ago I was flying to Thailand from the UK but fell asleep on the aircraft and instead of changing at Singapore like I should have I went to the end of the line and got thrown off the plane in somewhere called Godzone. Anyway, what the heck is an "American"?

iphigenie:
The main problem is that it install is the wrong time to ask for support or donations - just like at registration on a new site is the wrong time to ask me to recommend to a friend or upgrade to "plus".

I don't know if I want to give you my browser revenue/a donation/risk inconveniencing my friends, I haven't used your software/site yet! So making me wait hardly is going to help anything.

Now when the software/site detects that it is the nth time or nth hour it has been running, then would be a good time. I'm more likely to donate, or subscribe to a newsletter/feed/toolbar once I am using the tool and have found it valuable

J-Mac:
The main problem is that it install is the wrong time to ask for support or donations - just like at registration on a new site is the wrong time to ask me to recommend to a friend or upgrade to "plus".

I don't know if I want to give you my browser revenue/a donation/risk inconveniencing my friends, I haven't used your software/site yet! So making me wait hardly is going to help anything.

Now when the software/site detects that it is the nth time or nth hour it has been running, then would be a good time. I'm more likely to donate, or subscribe to a newsletter/feed/toolbar once I am using the tool and have found it valuable
-iphigenie (August 01, 2011, 08:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

So true. Very well stated!

Jim

wraith808:
Like that your link doesn't work.
-Deozaan (July 31, 2011, 04:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
It will if you scrape off the extraneous prefix: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australasia
-Ath (July 31, 2011, 04:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah... DC automagically puts the decorations on links to wikipedia (also explains the 'w' at the end), but I don't think most people know that...

kyrathaba:

--- End quote ---

+1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version