ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Skynet meets the Swarm: A fascinating article about AI.

<< < (2/2)

Lashiec:
I gave the article another quick read this morning, and I kinda understood it all. I think my commentary on its obtuseness stems from the fact that I was quite a bit sleepy when reading the article yesterday, and didn't catch any of the explanations, except that the mutalisk seemed like a very important unit for the AI :-D

I watched a few videos of StarCraft II a couple of weeks and they bored me to tears ;D. It's not a game very attractive for spectators, specially if you don't intend to use the videos as a learning tool.

worstje:
I personally disagree. I don't play and love watching it. The biggest problem I think people face is that they do not know the units, thus can't see all the tactics going on even if there's a good commentator. Compare it to watching tennis without knowing the scoring system, which is pretty confusing, or golf, or baseball. The less you know of the rules, the more it will just look like something hitting a ball around that you can barely see on the screen. The more you watch, the more you know there's far more to it than just the ball itself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version