ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Timns Apps

Auspex Suggestions

(1/4) > >>

joiwind:
1) that the pop-up with suggestions follows the cursor or the caret, at present it is at top left of the open text window
2) minimize and maximize...!

I've been thinking about the word lists which are becoming very long and about what would be the best way to arrange them (if they should be arranged) :

* tree with folders ?
* alphabetical folders ?
* tabs ?
...Be prepared...  ;)

timns:
1) that the pop-up with suggestions follows the cursor or the caret, at present it is at top left of the open text window

--- End quote ---
Yes, good one. What happens at the moment is that I ask Windows where it thinks the current cursor position is. Some applications are a lot better than others at reporting this. For instamce, as I write this, the pop-up is appearing just below and to the right of my cursor, which is pretty nice. Same for notepad++. But when I switch to Thunderbird, the pop-up appears more-or-less at the top of the composition window. I'll see what can be done.

2) minimize and maximize...!

--- End quote ---
Oh yes, and what's this all about then?

I've been thinking about the word lists which are becoming very long and about what would be the best way to arrange them (if they should be arranged) :

* tree with folders ?
* alphabetical folders ?
* tabs ?
--- End quote ---
Well you can create folders in the tree already (right click) and drag items in there. Some are also created automatically, for instance completions, and also imported items. But I have the feeling you want more ... ?  :)

If you look in the "Clean Up" menu item, you'll see a reasonably powerful set of filters that you can use to delete items. At some point soon you'll also be able to use filters to move items into sub-folders.

...Be prepared...  ;)

--- End quote ---
dib dib dib!

rjbull:
I'm new to Auspex and haven't read through all the threads, so apologies if these have been mentioned before.

1) Auspex can currently be set with the shorthand case sensitive or not.  If it's set to not, then if you define

atm = at the moment

all of atm, ATM, AtM, aTm etc. should trigger "at the moment."  Does it make sense to add a "smart capitalisation" feature such that short form "Atm" gives "At the moment," i.e., sentence case with initial letter capitalised for starting a sentence, while all other short forms deliver all lower case?

2) Security: I understand you can define programs for Auspex to ignore by their executables.  Does it make sense to add Window Title, Window Handle and Window Class to that?  I admit I don't understand the last two, but what I'm looking for is a better way of deciding between windows. This is because I use MemPad freeware two-pane organiser by Horst Schaeffer, http://home.mnet-online.de/horst.muc/win.htm and some of the files are encrypted. When I want to open them, MemPad pops up a new window to ask for the password. This window has different details from the main program. I would want to stop Auspex popping up suggestions over the *password window*, but use it normally in the note panes once the file is open. If I have to ban MemPad.exe, I can't use Auspex at all in MemPad. Same with KeePass, though not so likely to need Auspex inside KeePass.

3) May be a bug; I'm composing this post in NoteTab Pro and wanted to use Esc.  It doesn't work with Auspex loaded, and I think I've seen a few other glitches too, including what looks like odd keys being sent and failures of the short forms to trigger.

timns:
@rjbull - all useful comments, thank you.

I'll add these three items to the redmine tracker so we don't forget about them.

Certainly I can try to extend the Ignore feature to be on a per window basis quite quickly... that's the first one I'll look at.

daddydave:
Very nice work. What do you think about making "Minimize to tray on close" a default? For most programs, I hate when they do that, but for keyboard replacement programs, I think it is standard and expected. (Same to some extent for "Run when Windows starts")

EDIT: I should have said typing replacement programs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version