ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Wikidforum - New forum software with wiki and CMS support

<< < (5/6) > >>

superboyac:
Yeah, i didn't mean to start a debate or anything, and I think my point was not stated very well.  Ok...back to work!

KynloStephen66515:
I found this forum while browsing fluxxbb related discussion. It can be integrated with wordpress to use the same usernames for author and forum users.

http://www.wikidforum.com/
-mahesh2k (January 17, 2011, 10:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just finished playing with a fresh install of this, and I must say, the idea if definatly there, they just have not figured out how to implement it.  The whole thing feels nasty and unbearable, I spent 20 minutes having to figure out for myself how the hell to even post anything on it.

If your looking for a good test project, then this is something you should look into, but in my opinion, its not ready to host a forum even close to 1/12th of the size of DC.

wraith808:
I think the term used is incorrect- easy is a function of the user, IMO.  Accessibility is where good UI's shine.  It's more accessible to look at a glyph and click a key.  Easier is a matter of the person.  If I can remember key combinations easily, and remember tags easily, then why would it be easier to click a button?  But if I can't, then I can see why that would be easier.

f0dder:
+1 for Wraith, and +1 for most of Renegade.

I don't see why one wouldn't put in buttons to help the mac brigade, but I'd be infuriated if I didn't have my tags - it's much faster for me, since I don't have to take my hands off the keyboard.

mahesh2k:
@Stephen66515, thanks for the review. I also wasn't sure if it's ready for production level sites.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version