ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Unfinished Requests

IDEA: ColorCoded CPU Display in System Tray

(1/1)

skywalka:
Hi guys!

My first post!  I signed up hoping someone would think my idea would B worth working on.

I run the Windows Task Manager @ startup & have it minimized 2 the system tray.  It displays a bar which moves up & down depending on the CPU load.  One thing I've noticed is that the bar can B full when the CPU is running @ something like 95%.  This gives the impression that the CPU is overloaded when it is not.

I thought if the bar was color coded green for low CPU usage & the higher the usage the color would change through greens, blues (?), oranges, yellows & finally red.

If the CPU is overloaded it would B cool if the red becomes the background color & @ the bottom a white bar moves up 2 the top & back down again 2 indicate it is maxing out.  Maybe the white bar can do something different each time it shows itself, like moving side 2 side, diagonally, the red bar following the white bar instead of the white bar moving back down after reaching the top etc.

Cool idea?

Thanx 4 looking.

mouser:
there are a lot of very nice free cpu usage monitoring systemt tray apps, maybe someone can recommend some that already exist.

but
i am thinking of adding options to Process Tamer to allow user to customize how the tray activity is displayed, so that you can specify customize icons to use for various cpu usage levels that the user can customize.  And then we could make some sets of icons colored as you are requesting, which i think would be nice.

skywalka:
Thanx 4 replying Mouser.

I've tried a few but nothing I've used has been better than the Task Manager so far.

A mouse hover tooltip that names the process that is hogging the CPU would also B cool.

I'm trying Process Tamer right now.  It would be good 2 know when the CPU is maxing out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version