ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Browser Wars Mega Review ...

(1/3) > >>

Carol Haynes:
I just found this review of a range of browsers ... http://internetweek.cmp.com/179101486

It is truly mega and includes info about IE 7 (which looks really interesting), Firefox 1.5, Opera 8.5, Maxthon 1.5

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but it was new to me. Maxthon particularly comes for some seriously glowing comments, but IE 7 looks set to wow when the final version comes out (I refuse to download MS betas any more so I haven't tried it yet).

nudone:
maxthon rules.

jdd:
As a former Maxthon addict, I found it hard to tear myself away it :(, but once you add the proper extensions (especially the tabbing extensions) Firefox is every bit as powerful  ;) and more so with all the other free extensions that continue to be developed.

jdd

mouser:
18 page discussion of the different browsers! nice find.

nudone:
As a former Maxthon addict, I found it hard to tear myself away it :(, but once you add the proper extensions (especially the tabbing extensions) Firefox is every bit as powerful  ;) and more so with all the other free extensions that continue to be developed.

jdd
-jdd (February 22, 2006, 09:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

i keep saying it, and i'm sure i'll say it again, i'll have to give firefox a proper go with the right extensions - it's just finding the time to do it. hard to change over when maxthon is set how i like right now. but with the advice coming from you, jdd, then i'm more inclined to try firefox as you are obviously aware of the differences.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version