ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

explanation about the Feb.21 server downtime (plus digg.com effect)

(1/4) > >>

mouser:
jroad's thread comparing bitmapped fonts got mentioned on frontpage of digg.com on feb.21 and it threw the server into a tizzy..

ps.i thought we bought an expensive dedicated server account to be able to handle such cased  :'(

the server itself was mostly online throughout but it looks like a small problem that caused the /tmp directory to switch out of world readable mode caused a cascase of problems whenever the mysql database engine needed to make a temp file, which triggered a whole days worth of troubles until it was found.  whether this is all going to happen the next time we hit some real traffic is anyone's guess, but if anyone knows another good dedicated server company with good knowledgable tech support, please let me know.

thanks everyone for being so patient..  now back to your regularly scheduled programming..

mouser:
seems the server is still having some troubles.. i've been working witht he tech support people for the last day, constantly, on the problems, which they seem to be having a very hard time identifying and fixing.

just wanted to let you know i am working hard on this and we will get it sorted. hopefully when it's over we will have an even faster and better tuned server.  thanks for your understanding.

mouser:
i think i have found out the cause of the server problems.
just received this in the mail:

f0dder:
hehe ^_^

jgpaiva:
roflol!
That bird is mean! I still can't understand how did he escape, nudone already had him in his net!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version