ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Forum / Thread Etiquette

<< < (4/7) > >>

rjbull:
What's a twit feature?
-wraith808 (January 16, 2011, 02:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

The ability to filter out posts by specific people so you don't see them.  WikiPedia article Kill file:
A kill file (also killfile, bozo bin or twit list) is a per-user file used by some Usenet reading programs (originally Larry Wall's rn) to discard summarily (without presenting for reading) articles matching some unwanted patterns of subject, author, or other header lines.

--- End quote ---

40hz:
Also known as a "bozo filter."

IMO not a generally good idea.  :)

cmpm:
Personally, I think for one or any member to have the ability to block all posts from one person (twit feature) would be the downfall of the good spirit of this site.

This site is working without that feature, by the willingness and cooperation of adults who can work things out or bite their tongue for wisdom's sake.

We take responsibility for our words and speak knowing we could be wrong.
Accept corrections and more perfect info in light of growth and learning.
That is the communication that would die a slow painful death.

I've seen sites go down in flames and still burning with flaming each other.
Silly stuff that becomes the way to post.

It hasn't happened here, why would we want something in place to stop something that doesn't exist here.

I know my posts are dry and could be taken wrong at times,
but there is no malice or ill will from me or any posts I've seen from anyone here.

The old saying-
'don't fix something that ain't broke'

wraith808:
^ I agree.  While there may be sometimes the occasional poster that takes advantage of this more laid-back free wheeling style, it's what makes DoCo the type of place it is.  To try to police this would be the equivalent of putting in place the Patriot Act- kill freedoms in the interest of policing a few malcontents.  Not the kind of precedent I'd personally like.

jpijper:
What's a twit feature?
-wraith808 (January 16, 2011, 02:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

RTFM ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version