ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Forum / Thread Etiquette

<< < (2/7) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
Feels like I missed quite a few fiery threads here on DC in the past, but just recently there have been one or two instances that seem to me to contravene the spirit of the site.
-timns (January 15, 2011, 10:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think you handled the one situation that I saw a lot better than I would have.  There are some who are just abrasive, some intentionally, and some not.  I haven't always handled it in the best manner, especially when someone is trying to show that they are smarter than you at your expense.  Or some that obviously post under sock puppets.  But in the end, DC is a very good environment, and the ability to be a douche if you take advantage of the environment is one of the reasons- only extreme situations are really policed.
-wraith808 (January 15, 2011, 12:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Who you calling a douche  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(   :wallbash:

I DEMAND RESPECT!

lmfao...just playin;

Yeah, some people can just be plain *insert own opinion* and dont seem to like to help people, or play nice with others...these are generally the people who you see posting "Go google it" or "RTFM!"

mouser:
My view is, the longer you have been a DC member, the more you are expected to be polite and kind even in the face of withering attack :)
Long time members are expected to embrace the calming zen spirit of Cody the Bird.

I think it's also a matter of trying to avoid getting into the situations where everyone feels the burning need to have the last word or pile on.  The longer you are a member the more you should know that sometimes holding your tongue or taking the high road leads to a better experience for all of us.  And of course we have enough humour on this forum to survive anything :)

timns:
 :tease:

timns:
I mean... "what mouser said"

cranioscopical:
Long time members are expected to embrace the calming zen spirit of Cody the Bird.
-mouser (January 15, 2011, 07:27 PM)
--- End quote ---
So… you're saying, um, what…  give people the bird?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version