ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

SOLVED: Insert Anywhere Date and Time utility

(1/6) > >>

CodeTRUCKER:
Hi,

I need a utility that will stay on the top of my windows where I can "click" and the date and/or time can be inserted.  I am involved in a perpetual project where the entering of Date/Time/Date & Time is necessary many times a day across multiple text-entry applications. 

PS - If this is already available, please post links.  Thank you.

Here is a list of requested features...

* "Always On Top" option
* Three Buttons.
* Date
* Time
* Date and Time
* The "Date and Time" button to include date, at least in this specific format, but others can be included... 
"Nov 15, 2010 02:43 PM" (color only for reference, not needed in app.)
Please ask me for other formats, if you want to include them?.

* Optional Radiobuttons to select Date/Time formats *if* you have the time and inclination.  Thedat & Time format above,"Nov 15, 2010 02:43 PM," is my only immediate need.
* "Date & Time"  Mmm DD, YYYY HH:MM AM (the same as the above exact example that is really the most important format.)
* Another Date format MM/DD/YY (Example: 01/14/11)
* Time format 1: HH:MM (24 Hr Clock)
* Time format 2: HH:MM AM (12 Hr Clock)
* YYYYMMDDHHSS  -  I use this to prefix file names as a simple date tagging system. .

* It would be nice to be typing in a text editor and just click the "Insert Date" button and populate it in the document I am working on, but I can settle for sending it to the clipboard if that is all that can be done easily. .

* Small footprint
* Just big enough for the radiobuttons (for the format selections) and the three "Date," Time" and "Date & Time" insertion buttons.
* Menu in Right-Click menu, if easier.

* Just a thought...If app is produced in AHK, I might be able to make any necessary mods myself (once I learn AHK, that is), but any usable exec would be great at this time.
I think that about wraps it up.  Does this sound doable?  Can you give me a "best guess" ETA on completion? 

Standing by...
Calvin

timns:
Hi,

I need a utility that will stay on the top of my windows where I can "click" and the date and/or time can be inserted.  I am involved in a perpetual project where the entering of Date/Time/Date & Time is necessary many times a day across multiple text-entry applications.  

PS - If this is already available, please post links.  Thank you.

Here is a list of requested features...

* "Always On Top" option
* Three Buttons.
* Date
* Time
* Date and Time
* The "Date and Time" button to include date, at least in this specific format, but others can be included...  
"Nov 15, 2010 02:43 PM" (color only for reference, not needed in app.)
Please ask me for other formats, if you want to include them?.

* Optional Radiobuttons to select Date/Time formats *if* you have the time and inclination.  Thedat & Time format above,"Nov 15, 2010 02:43 PM," is my only immediate need.
* "Date & Time"  Mmm DD, YYYY HH:MM AM (the same as the above exact example that is really the most important format.)
* Another Date format MM/DD/YY (Example: 01/14/11)
* Time format 1: HH:MM (24 Hr Clock)
* Time format 2: HH:MM AM (12 Hr Clock)
* YYYYMMDDHHSS  -  I use this to prefix file names as a simple date tagging system. .

* It would be nice to be typing in a text editor and just click the "Insert Date" button and populate it in the document I am working on, but I can settle for sending it to the clipboard if that is all that can be done easily. .

* Small footprint
* Just big enough for the radiobuttons (for the format selections) and the three "Date," Time" and "Date & Time" insertion buttons.
* Menu in Right-Click menu, if easier.

* Just a thought...If app is produced in AHK, I might be able to make any necessary mods myself (once I learn AHK, that is), but any usable exec would be great at this time.
I think that about wraps it up.  Does this sound doable?  Can you give me a "best guess" ETA on completion?  

Standing by...
Calvin
-CodeTRUCKER (January 14, 2011, 04:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

You can actually use Auspex for this. It has pre-defined tokens for the date and time. Screenshots coming up...

timns:
Inserts today's date when you type 'dt'

Inserts the date in a format you can control when you type 'dt1'

I can add AM/PM tokens or whatever else you'd like, if you find this program useful for what you want to do. Just let me know.

CodeTRUCKER:
You can actually use Auspex for this. It has pre-defined tokens for the date and time. Screenshots coming up...
-timns (January 14, 2011, 04:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ok, I'll check it out and report back.

FMI - How did you get the "(3109.2 KB - downloaded 445 times.)" appended to your download link?

Thanks,
Calvin

timns:
FMI - How did you get the "(3109.2 KB - downloaded 445 times.)" appended to your download link?
-CodeTRUCKER (January 14, 2011, 04:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have no idea! I thought it was some standard feature of the board  :huh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version