ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Timns Apps

Auspex

<< < (12/18) > >>

timns:
My prime candidate for fix is getting the icon out of the task bar when it is closed.

--- End quote ---

Fixed, coming up in the next build (83)

cranioscopical:
My prime candidate for fix is getting the icon out of the task bar when it is closed.

--- End quote ---

-timns (January 18, 2011, 10:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

:up:

As I mentioned some time back, when Auspex opens on my machine (it's set to minimize on close) hitting the close box minimizes it to the tray and to the task bar; the task bar item responds to nothing. Have to use the tray icon to kill Auspex. Be glad to see the end of that behaviour.

Whoa is me!

timns:

--- End quote ---

-timns (January 18, 2011, 10:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

:up:

As I mentioned some time back, when Auspex opens on my machine (it's set to minimize on close) hitting the close box minimizes it to the tray and to the task bar; the task bar item responds to nothing. Have to use the tray icon to kill Auspex. Be glad to see the end of that behaviour.

Whoa is me!

-cranioscopical (January 19, 2011, 07:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

That, and still quite a few other items  :-[

I just want to get the restore feature working after poor old zwei's issue, then I'll upload a new 'un.

HankFriedman:
I just read this thread over to see if I could find out how to use the autoreplace feature, with no luck.

I'm sorry to be so dense but:

I'm typing a word and Auspex pops up a window with correct words and numbers before them to help enter the word quickly, yes?

But how do I select one of Auspex's suggested words? 

thanks for what looks to be a great program

timns:
Hi Hank. Auspex does only two things, really.

1. It will look out for a certain pattern of characters, and when it sees them, it will automatically remove that pattern, and replace it with something else. For instance, when I type "rt" Auspex sees this and replaces it with "Regards, Tim" to save me time when composing emails.

This is called a Replacement in the GUI.

2. As you use the program more and more, Auspex will learn which words and phrases you use frequently, and begin to suggest them as you type. When you see the little window pop-up, you have a choice:

a) Press 'tab' and the currently highlighted word will be typed for you
b) If there's more than one word showing, use the up/down cursor keys to highlight the word you want, and then press 'tab'. As an alternative, use your numeric keypad and press the number that's shown next to the word you want.

If you don't want to use any of the suggested words, 'esc' will close that little pop-up. Or just carry on typing and it will disappear on its own.

We call this thing a Completion.

You can also pre-load Auspex with Completions if you know there are certain words or phrases that you definitely want the program to suggest. Conversely you can also block certain words from appearing at all.

At some point soon we'll have a little user guide, and also maybe some 'how-to' videos.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version