ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Timns Apps

Auspex

<< < (2/18) > >>

movrshakr:
Ah on erase trigger--makes sense and could be handy, as you show.

I notice that I have to exit and restart after entering a new mnemonic.  That is no problem, and I guess it make sense, but, as a very low priority enhancement, you might want to add a SAVE button to avoid having to do that.

I did add a f r m replacment; now, to see if I can remember to type it that way.

Oh, is there any way to transfer the Word autocorrect list into Auspex?

timns:
Ah on erase trigger--makes sense and could be handy, as you show.

I notice that I have to exit and restart after entering a new mnemonic.  That is no problem, and I guess it make sense, but, as a very low priority enhancement, you might want to add a SAVE button to avoid having to do that.
-movrshakr (January 11, 2011, 01:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

You should not have to do that. It should appear right after you created it...

Can you try the tiny refresh button on the top right next to the search box and see if that makes the item appear for you please? (little green button just above the list on the right)

I did add a f r m replacment; now, to see if I can remember to type it that way.

Oh, is there any way to transfer the Word autocorrect list into Auspex?

--- End quote ---

Well, yes and no: there's an import feature. (Go to File->Import Word List) which imports words that will be suggested as you start to type them. If you want to bulk create a load of replacements for spelling corrections, that's not in place yet, but a good idea.

I'll add that to me list.  :Thmbsup:

rjbull:
timns, what didn't you like about other programs of this kind that you made your own?

movrshakr:
OK, the refresh button made the changes "take" immediately-- it is the "Save" button.  I just didn't know what that was/did.  New to this really neat utility, ya know!

timns:
timns, what didn't you like about other programs of this kind that you made your own?
-rjbull (January 11, 2011, 02:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'd actually only seen one thing similar before, and it was terribly basic. Something on lifehacker I think it was - I've junked it now so cannot recall.

If I'd have known about things like AHK I may not have started this little project, but I do like to think this is friendlier, and it should be easier for folks to get to grips with. It's also unicode and should be able to handle any keyboard, which I believe makes it a bit more special.

I was not even aware that there'd been a NANY in '09 with similar features. I have a bit of a bad habit of not looking around enough to see what else is out there when I get excited about doing a bit of coding of my own  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version