ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Timns Apps

Auspex

<< < (11/18) > >>

jgpaiva:
Hi timns!

I've been absent from DC for a while, and now found this thread.
I think you should add some description (or at least a link to a description) on the first post of this thread, so that people may know what Auspex is ;)
Also, linking the review article on the first post too might be nice :)

timns:
Hi timns!

I've been absent from DC for a while, and now found this thread.
I think you should add some description (or at least a link to a description) on the first post of this thread, so that people may know what Auspex is ;)
Also, linking the review article on the first post too might be nice :)
-jgpaiva (January 18, 2011, 07:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

It certainly would. Thank you for the suggestion - I'll prettify this thread today.

zwiebelaga:
Hi all, I'd started to use this new app and built up even just a handful of expansions before I experienced a crash and all my expansions were gone. Still, I liked the app very much so decided to get to grips with the backup/restore options. Could it just be me, but restore simply doesn't seem to work. I can see in the backup (zip) file that all my expansions are there, but my attempts to restore (just the menu option) result in no change to the content shown on screen. I'm hoping that someone will point out what a fool I am (so that I can use the facility immediately), but I've gone through various cycles, restarts, testing for mods, deletes, adds, etc, etc and just can't see what I'm doing wrong. Any suggestions welcome!

(one small point, can someone tell me when "saves" are made too?)

Lovely app, many thanks

timns:
Hi all, I'd started to use this new app and built up even just a handful of expansions before I experienced a crash and all my expansions were gone. Still, I liked the app very much so decided to get to grips with the backup/restore options. Could it just be me, but restore simply doesn't seem to work. I can see in the backup (zip) file that all my expansions are there, but my attempts to restore (just the menu option) result in no change to the content shown on screen. I'm hoping that someone will point out what a fool I am (so that I can use the facility immediately), but I've gone through various cycles, restarts, testing for mods, deletes, adds, etc, etc and just can't see what I'm doing wrong. Any suggestions welcome!

(one small point, can someone tell me when "saves" are made too?)

Lovely app, many thanks
-zwiebelaga (January 18, 2011, 04:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Zwei, sorry you lost your expansions.

Auspex saves its data during shutdown - if anything goes wrong at this point, I can imagine data could be lost, but I have not seen it for myself.

The restore feature is not yet working, but if you have made a backup, this can be manually restored by closing Auspex and then unzipping the backup file into the correct folder. This is located in your application data folder, in a subfolder called Auspex.

For example, on my PC here, the path is:
C:\Users\tim\AppData\Local\Auspex

If you'd like a hand with this, send me a PM!

Later on this will be covered in the user guide, and of course Restore will be available shortly.

movrshakr:
See Reply #2.
The issue is how to handle replacement when the misspelling is also a valid word, like form  when from is intended.  How about letting the replacement happen, but if any change is made to the replaced text after that, let it stand?

In other words. a sequence like this: FORM is typed, it's replaced by FROM, user backspaces to the F and adds the ORM<space> and Auspex lets it stay as FROM.

User could even store the placement text as, maybe, FROM ## and delete the delimiter.  That way, it would "catch your eye" when it happened so you would not type on past an accidental replacement when you didn't intend it.  That way, you wouldn't be left with something like, "Fill out the from and mail it to..."

Another one like this I want to handle is 'hoe' instead of 'how', but I rarely type 'hoe', so a standard replacement should be OK for that one.

This is the only way I can figure to to this, but I don't how hard it would be to code that behavior.  Maybe something like--

IF replacement and backspace, turn off replacement until the next space or punctuation occurs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version