ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Just How Many Programs Have You Written and Never Released?

<< < (5/6) > >>

kyrathaba:
I can count on one hand the number of apps I've released to the public, and probably 2/3 of them shouldn't have been :)

mouser:
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

that's being a bit hard on yourself i think :)

Ath:
Well, after being in this business for over 25 years, I've got my share of good apps, crap apps, abandoned stuff, trials, and the likes.
At first it always is hard to get going on a new idea (or even have a new idea :huh:), but if it starts being a working 'thing', it's getting more and more satisfying. It's also harder and harder to focus my mind on the daily job, and not be distracted with 'that idea in the back of my mind that needs some fix or improvement...' ;)
And when it finally is doing what it should do and it's (fairly) presentable, and the momentum or the original motivation of writing that thingy isn't gone, then eventually it will be presented to the audience... if any.

Guess that, like most of us experienced, about 10 percent of what turns into a project of some kind is actually released or used, and the rest is just what it has always been: collateral damage (mostly because of the diskspace it takes)
But then, most likely, there are some gems, hidden in the debris :-[

kyrathaba:
that's being a bit hard on yourself i think
--- End quote ---

Probably.  But I'm a perfectionist.  I'm never quite satisfied with the current state of an application I've authored.

kyrathaba:
But then, most likely, there are some gems, hidden in the debris
--- End quote ---

One of those gems, I'm discovering as I finally have reached what I'd call an intermediate skill level in my programming, is that I'm consolidating useful chunks of code into my own private namespaces for re-use.  Quite handy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version