ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why I love product reviews....written by NON-TECHS

<< < (4/4)

Renegade:
This guy rocks - Ken Rockwell. :D

http://www.kenrockwell.com/

His reviews are fantastic. But he's RARE. There are not many people like that out there. He's the sort of person that you want to read reviews from.

But, as mentioned above, you really need to get those personal recommendations from someone who's an expert (or sufficiently knowledgeable in the field) to point you in the right direction.

e.g. Want to learn some programming stuff? Go to "the Code Project". That place is gold. I'd point people there.

Where to go for information on aquatic sport? Got me. No clue. Not an expert in that field. I do know though (as pointed out above) that I'll have a hard time finding anything truly useful in Google.

Renegade:
Here's just another reason to love Ken Rockwell:

F.A.R.T. First for Fantastic Photos

Fart jokes rule~! :D

Dormouse:
This guy rocks - Ken Rockwell. :D

http://www.kenrockwell.com/

His reviews are fantastic. But he's RARE. There are not many people like that out there. He's the sort of person that you want to read reviews from.
-Renegade (January 10, 2011, 08:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

You do need to understand his biases though.

app103:
There are a lot of "software review" sites out there that do nothing more than install and run the app just long enough so they can make a screenshot (which they promptly watermark with the url of their site) and then rewrite the description of the application they found on the developer's website. You can tell they never actually used it. There is nothing about what's good or bad about the actual application...it's all just fluff and a listing of the features the developer mentioned it has and what they think it might be good for. Sometimes they can't even get that right.

I suppose there just as many that are doing the same for just about any category of products.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version