ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

How to stop backups

<< < (2/3) > >>

cyberdiva:
Thanks once again, Mouser, both for the encouraging info re 64-bit compatibility and for the simple instructions for how to deal with backups.   :Thmbsup:

cyberdiva:
Hi, Mouser.  Well, I unchecked the box about making updates, and I also set the drop-down menu to .bak (fewest updates), but today I found that the program was still making updates.  Of course, perhaps it will make them only once a week or so, so perhaps I shouldn't send this message yet, but....

Anyway, another reason I'm sending this is that repeatedly, I find that the LBC .ini file starts out at 533 bytes each time I install a new update, but within a day or so it changes to 0 bytes.  Is that normal?  What good is the .ini file if it has 0 bytes?  On my flash drive, I have a copy of the original 533-byte file from when I installed the most recent version, but my desktop has only the 0-byte file.  Should I move the 533-byte file over to the desktop computer?  I think I did that for an earlier version, but eventually it too dropped back to 0 bytes.  The program seems to be working fine, but I'm a little puzzled by the .ini file.

mouser:
can you go and check the options and make sure it is still what you set it to (.bak fewest backups)?

cyberdiva:
Mouser, that was the first thing I did when I noticed the backups. I've attached a screenshot:

mouser:
With those settings, you should only ever see a single .bak file for your launchbar datafile.  it will back up to this file when you change the launchbar.
But you should no longer see a proliferation of backup files unless you explicitly ask it to make a backup from maintenance menu.

If you see behavior different from this, let me know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version