ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: On Screen Button That Sends Keyboard Commands

<< < (25/47) > >>

ewemoa:
If .wbuc is now the preferred file extension, do you think it would make sense for the default WinButtons.ini to be renamed to use the new file extension?
-ewemoa (June 18, 2011, 04:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
I didn't do that on purpose, as users would be surprised to see the original WinButtons configuration where they may have created a personal one with the old filename, and the .wbuc file gets preference...
-Ath (June 19, 2011, 04:01 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ah, the joys of backward-compatibility...

On a related note, are there some reasons why it is that some of the dialogs for WBE don't have both *.wbuc and *.ini for their value in "Save as type"?  For example, "New" and "Save as..." both lead to one where the value is only *.wbuc...

Ah, btw, choosing File -> New and then pressing the Cancel button leads to the file dialog appearing again here...I get a feeling of Deja Vu.

WBE supports Drag&Drop, configurable for either a single file or multiple files into multiple (new) WBE sessions (details in the readme)
-Ath
--- End quote ---
This works for me sometimes.  My current guess is that it works for .wbuc files but not .ini files.
--- End quote ---
It should work equally well for both .wbuc and .ini files (these are the only supported extensions, ATM).
-Ath
--- End quote ---
I'm sorry to say that it doesn't seem to work here for ini files that I have tried.  I created a file via WBE called "Test.ini" (a new file, one button, saved as "Test.ini", quit WBE, open WinButtons.ini, then drop "Test.ini" on to the treeview).  Whether the "Multiple files dropped..." is enabled or disabled appears to make no difference.

I tried opening various appropriate *.ini files manually (works fine -- e.g. start with the newly created Test.ini), then followed this by dropping any of the other appropriate *.ini files on to the treeview -- the result was no change in the treeview.

Do you think this "drop on to .exe" feature is a possibility?
--- End quote ---
I'd have to figure out how to do that, I'm not familiar with that feature (aka: I never open files that way myself). If the file association is set to open with WBE, a double click would suffice :)
If preferred I could add 'Edit with WinButtonEdit' to the context menu in Explorer? (And change 'Open' to 'Open with WinButtonEdit')
-Ath
--- End quote ---
Hmm...well if it's too much trouble, please punt on it (at least for now...).  Since I don't do file associations because of the registry involvement, context menu entries in Windows Explorer fall under the same class of things I don't go for either, so unless someone else asks for it... :)

Ath:
don't have both *.wbuc and *.ini for their value in "Save as type"?  For example, "New" and "Save as..." both lead to one where the value is only *.wbuc...
-ewemoa (June 19, 2011, 05:55 AM)
--- End quote ---
They are both there (that's the same dialog, btw), but I seem to remember having naming-issues when both specs where there in the same selection. I'll retest that. Maybe I should add *.* to that dialog too?

Ah, btw, choosing File -> New and then pressing the Cancel button leads to the file dialog appearing again here...I get a feeling of Deja Vu.
--- End quote ---
That's on purpose, you have to choose a filename (sorry for the fuss, though).

by dropping any of the other appropriate *.ini files on to the treeview -- the result was no change in the treeview.
--- End quote ---
Ah, re-tested and confirmed as a bug (a round brace a few characters too far to the left :(). Fixed in the next release.

Ath:
--- End quote ---
That's on purpose, you have to choose a filename (sorry for the fuss, though).
-Ath (June 19, 2011, 07:04 AM)
--- End quote ---
I think I'll re-do this option a bit for the next release.
It now asks to save the just created empty buttonset to a file, but I probably should ask the new filename first, and on cancel do nothing, not even clear the buttonset in memory. That sounds more as it would be expected, in UX terms.

ewemoa:
don't have both *.wbuc and *.ini for their value in "Save as type"?  For example, "New" and "Save as..." both lead to one where the value is only *.wbuc...
--- End quote ---
They are both there
-Ath (June 19, 2011, 07:04 AM)
--- End quote ---
DONE: On Screen Button That Sends Keyboard Commands

I'm not seeing them both...

Maybe I should add *.* to that dialog too?
-Ath
--- End quote ---
I don't have an opinion on this...yet :)

cranioscopical:

I'm not seeing them both...

--- End quote ---

Same here, FWIW

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version