ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: On Screen Button That Sends Keyboard Commands

<< < (24/47) > >>

ewemoa:
Thanks for the clarification, status update, and your continued efforts!

Good luck with testing  :)

cranioscopical:
an additional option, available from the Options menu
-Ath (June 17, 2011, 04:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

:Thmbsup:

Ath:
After a few feature requests, some bug-fixing and a dearly missed feature that got implemented, there's a new release for both WinButtons and WinButtonEdit:

WinButtons 3.3.0
What's new:

* Preferred file extension changed from .ini to .wbuc (WinButtons Configuration)
* Some minor issues fixed
WinButtonEdit 0.9.0.0 (RC6)
What's new:

* Buttons can now be moved between groups (Treeview context menu)
* WBE supports Drag&Drop, configurable for either a single file or multiple files into multiple (new) WBE sessions (details in the readme)
* The .wbuc file extension can be easily associated with WinButtonEdit or WinButtons (when in the same directory)
* Several bugfixes
The stuff can be downloaded from the original release post, it's a zipfile with all compiled binaries, (AutoIt3) source for WinButtons and includes an updated readme for both WinButtons and WinButtonEdit.

If you might find any bugs, or have more feature requests or other remarks, please report here, so I can improve myself and the software. :up:

ewemoa:
Thanks for the new release!

Some comments follow:

Preferred file extension changed from .ini to .wbuc (WinButtons Configuration)
-Ath (June 18, 2011, 02:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
If .wbuc is now the preferred file extension, do you think it would make sense for the default WinButtons.ini to be renamed to use the new file extension?

WinButtonEdit 0.9.0.0 (RC6)
Buttons can now be moved between groups (Treeview context menu)
-Ath
--- End quote ---
This worked for me.

WBE supports Drag&Drop, configurable for either a single file or multiple files into multiple (new) WBE sessions (details in the readme)
-Ath
--- End quote ---
This works for me sometimes.  My current guess is that it works for .wbuc files but not .ini files.

BTW, regarding the WBE drag and drop feature, what I had in mind originally was dragging and dropping on to the .exe and not a running instance -- though this is nice too :)  Sorry if my phrasing was unclear / wrong.  Do you think this "drop on to .exe" feature is a possibility?

Ath:
If .wbuc is now the preferred file extension, do you think it would make sense for the default WinButtons.ini to be renamed to use the new file extension?
-ewemoa (June 18, 2011, 04:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
I didn't do that on purpose, as users would be surprised to see the original WinButtons configuration where they may have created a personal one with the old filename, and the .wbuc file gets preference...

WBE supports Drag&Drop, configurable for either a single file or multiple files into multiple (new) WBE sessions (details in the readme)
-Ath
--- End quote ---
This works for me sometimes.  My current guess is that it works for .wbuc files but not .ini files.
--- End quote ---
It should work equally well for both .wbuc and .ini files (these are the only supported extensions, ATM). One peculiarity you could see is that if the current WBE instance has a file opened that is in the set of files dropped. That already open file is kinda ignored, but left open in the original WBE instance. If multiple drop files is enabled and more are dropped, the extra files should open in new WBE instances. If multiple drop files is disabled, nothing might happen when multiple files are dropped that include the file already open in WBE.

Do you think this "drop on to .exe" feature is a possibility?
--- End quote ---
I'd have to figure out how to do that, I'm not familiar with that feature (aka: I never open files that way myself). If the file association is set to open with WBE, a double click would suffice :)
If preferred I could add 'Edit with WinButtonEdit' to the context menu in Explorer? (And change 'Open' to 'Open with WinButtonEdit')

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version