ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: On Screen Button That Sends Keyboard Commands

<< < (23/47) > >>

Ath:
I'll repeat my earlier question
-cranioscopical (June 17, 2011, 08:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
I saw your original question, but I've been thinking about a) what you meant exactly, and b) what exactly you meant ;D

associate a different .something file extension with WBE
--- End quote ---
Oh :o you want to register the file extension, ah, that can be done, but I'll think/search about the extension to use, as most 3-letter combinations are in use already.
What I already thought of: .wb, .wbut, .wbe, .wbtc, but suggestions are welcome :up:
I'll have to change that extension to be the default for WinButtons as well (and fall back to WinButtons.ini if not found), or possibly just like the AutoIt installer offers: select between WinButtons and WinButtonEdit as the default "open" action. (And also add some Explorer context-menu options for Open With.../Edit with WinButtonEdit/Run with WinButtons, etc. And then options to de-register these 8))

I'll combine that, as good as it goes, with this request:
BTW, any chance of being able to drop WinButtons config files on WinButtonEdit.exe to have the config file opened up in WBE?
-ewemoa (June 16, 2011, 04:22 PM)
--- End quote ---
Would you expect it to run 3 instances of WBE, if 3 files are dropped on a single instance, or just open the first and ignore the rest?

cranioscopical:
I'll repeat my earlier question
--- End quote ---
I saw your original question, but I've been thinking about a) what you meant exactly, and b) what exactly you meant ;D-Ath (June 17, 2011, 12:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's always good to look at all sides of an issue!  ;)

Oh :o you want to register the file extension…  .wb, .wbut, .wbe, .wbtc, but suggestions are welcome
--- End quote ---
I guess it depends on what, if anything is untaken — wbi?

Speaking for myself, I'm not concerned about context menu entries.

I'll combine that, as good as it goes, with this request:
BTW, any chance of being able to drop WinButtons config files on WinButtonEdit.exe to have the config file opened up in WBE?
--- End quote ---
Would you expect it to run 3 instances of WBE, if 3 files are dropped on a single instance, or just open the first and ignore the rest?

--- End quote ---
Again speaking personally, I'd expect it to anticipate correctly my intention and act accordingly. Surely that's within you programming power? No, you say? Fie!

Thanks for listening  :Thmbsup:

ewemoa:
Regarding the file extension topic, while I can appreciate the convenience of file associations, I'd prefer that it not be a requirement for a system's registry to be modified for my own case and I'm willing to forgo the convenience.  So...do you think there will still be a portable version of the application available?

ewemoa:
--- End quote ---
-Ath (June 17, 2011, 12:10 PM)
--- End quote ---
I think the former would be more useful, but wonder about the potential persistence-consistency issue for multiple instances of WBE running...When I wrote my request, I was sloppy in my wording.  What I had in mind might be more accurately described by:

"...any chance of being able to drop a WinButtons config file on WBE to have the config file opened up in WBE"

Ath:
I'd prefer that it not be a requirement for a system's registry to be modified
-ewemoa (June 17, 2011, 03:47 PM)
--- End quote ---
That is for sure not a requirement, just an additional option, available from the Options menu, and by selecting it again it will be fully removed assuming the proper privileges are available (else it should silently fail both actions). (It's finished already, but I'm testing it some more)
DONE: On Screen Button That Sends Keyboard Commands

BTW, I've chosen the extension .wbuc for the time being. I'm working on some minor issues with WBE and teaching WinButtons to also support that extension, so I'll probably release tomorrow (it's rather late here already).

able to drop a WinButtons config file on WinButtonEdit.exe to have the config file opened up in WBE
-ewemoa (June 17, 2011, 03:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
And that's also nearly finished and it will be an Option to either drop and open a single file or open extra WBE instances with the extra files. It's under the same testing regime as above ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version