ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: On Screen Button That Sends Keyboard Commands

<< < (22/47) > >>

ewemoa:
Thanks for the status update.  I wish you luck in your search :)

Ath:
So, a usable solution for the non-functional Close button on Windows XP was found: It shouldn't be combined with the movable option. ;D
In this particular case (XP, and options: border, closebutton and movable) the movable option is ignored. 'movable' was originally implemented to be able to move a border-less WinButtons window, but the caption bar is available so the window can still be moved around the screen (the movable option could easily be mis-interpreted :-\)

Also fixed was the defective :dropItem1: feature as reported by ewemoa, it was to do with borders checking and 1-off, a common pitfall when itterating (irritating?) over an array in a 0-based setting. If there where 2 or more items dropped it would have worked for item1 :tellme:

I've updated the download and release message so now we have WinButtons 3.2.1

I'll be searching for a final solution for this Closebutton/movable/Windows XP combination-issue...

ewemoa:
So, a usable solution for the non-functional Close button on Windows XP was found: It shouldn't be combined with the movable option. ;D
In this particular case (XP, and options: border, closebutton and movable) the movable option is ignored. 'movable' was originally implemented to be able to move a border-less WinButtons window, but the caption bar is available so the window can still be moved around the screen (the movable option could easily be mis-interpreted :-\)
-Ath (June 16, 2011, 06:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think I get it -- if I choose both closebutton and movable, I won't be able to move the window via the border, but for the close button to show up the border option needs to be specified, and if that's specified, there will be a caption bar, and if there's a caption bar that can be used to move the window...

That is what I see with the latest update and that seems fine to me.

Also fixed was the defective :dropItem1: feature
-Ath
--- End quote ---

Thanks!  Tested it here and seems to be working  :Thmbsup:

I'll be searching for a final solution for this Closebutton/movable/Windows XP combination-issue...
-Ath
--- End quote ---

Good luck!

Ath:
if I choose both closebutton and movable, I won't be able to move the window via the border
-ewemoa (June 16, 2011, 07:55 PM)
--- End quote ---
Almost correct.
If movable is set, then the window can be dragged around by clicking on the window-background and dragging it.
If border + closebutton are set, then you can drag it around by grabbing the window by it's caption.
On XP you can't combine border + closebutton + movable, as then the Close button stops working, for reasons yet unclear to me. Not sure this is solvable, though.
Hope this clears my previous description.

cranioscopical:
If movable is set, then the window can be dragged around by clicking on the window-background and dragging it.
If border + closebutton are set, then you can drag it around by grabbing the window by it's caption.
-Ath (June 17, 2011, 01:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

:up:

And, being a lazy [insert your term here] I'll repeat my earlier question viz., Any chance of changing .ini to something different and making WBedit the application to handle that? I mean associate a different .something file extension with WBE.

The point being that, when testing, a double-click on a file name would be a quick(er) way to load a selected .ini into WBE. In my view  this would be especially useful since WBE can have multiple instances. Your view may be entirely different  :)

If not, presumably I can set WBE to handle .ini on a temporary basis and just toggle between that and my standard .ini association.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version