ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: On Screen Button That Sends Keyboard Commands

<< < (14/47) > >>

cranioscopical:
@Ath

I was just looking at the first version earlier today. It's been on my to-do list for ages but I keep getting sidetracked into doing nothing (the sun's out).
Tomorrow I'll have a go: if anyone can break it, it'll be me  ;D  or, perhaps,  :-[  would be more appropriate.

Ath:
Chris,

Thanks you for your (planned) effort! It's a busy world, these days :tellme:
Let's see what you find ;D

ewemoa:
Re: WinButtonEdit

Wow, nice  :Thmbsup:  Was this a lot of work?

I think examining some of the bundled ini files using the editor will help me to experiment and learn how to use WinButton better.  Seems like it should lower the barrier-to-entry.

Ath:
Was this a lot of work?
-ewemoa (June 10, 2011, 02:26 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ehm, yes the changelog starts on may 3rd :-[ and I worked on it for 1 to 'a few' hours, 3 or four days a week, but the hardest part was taking generated source from Koda (the AutoIt GUI designer) to Scite without all generated errors and unneeded crap :-\. And then you move some controls a few pixels... :o
But I had fun (and inspiration) while working on it, that's the most important gain I had from it :up:

should lower the barrier-to-entry
-ewemoa (June 10, 2011, 02:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

That was the major goal

ewemoa:
But I had fun (and inspiration) while working on it, that's the most important gain I had from it :up:
-Ath (June 10, 2011, 05:03 AM)
--- End quote ---
+1

So I've been trying out the editor (according to the about box, I see 0.8.1.0) a bit and have some initial feedback:

* I found choosing a color via the "Change..." button for Color to not work if starting with a blank value (no value got filled in to the text field for Color:), while I found that the corresponding choosing sequence of actions for Textcolor did work.
* Any chance of Control+A selecting all text in text fields?
* I accidentally opened the WinButtonEdit.ini in the editor -- not a good idea right?  Any chance of some kind of warning or protection?
* I see that clicking on a button in the preview will select a node in the tree -- except it doesn't appear to work for the Pink-Online button in <no group> in my default WinButtons.ini.
* In the tree view, multiple nodes appear selected sometimes: view WinButtons.ini, choose <no group>, ensure the corresponding treeview is expanded, choose scite, ensure the corresponding treeview is expanded, click on the 'Push 1ce' button in the preview, click on the Notepad node under the <no group> treeview
* When I open WinButtons.ini, initially I don't see a + expander next to the scite group in the left pane.  When I select the scite group though, the + expander appears.
* When there isn't much space in the preview, is there a good way to move it without accidentally pushing the buttons that fill most of the space?
Regarding WinButtons itself, is there any support for dropping things on to buttons?  I searched for relevant information in this topic and WinButtons.Readme.txt unsuccessfully.

Thank you for:

Environment variables can be used by using %env.variable%

--- End quote ---

I didn't find it in the docs, but by looking at the samples I noticed that it looks like one can use relative paths.  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version