ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: On Screen Button That Sends Keyboard Commands

<< < (11/47) > >>

cranioscopical:
Any chance this is related to a video driver, perhaps?

-Ath (April 13, 2011, 09:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, as I said, I suspect this is the problem.
Before trying anything else, I'm rolling the driver back (and forward as there's on later release than the one I have installed).

Usually (sub-)instances of WinButtons can be closed by pressing <Esc>

--- End quote ---
That was what I tried first. I have a lot installed on this machine, with plenty of potential for conflicts  :(

As you say, let's see what the test version does, but after I change the video driver again.

cranioscopical:
(add althide=1 to the [Settings] section of WinButtons.ini) and -ah/-ah- command-line parameters to use an alternative Window Hide method-Ath
--- End quote ---

-ah helps in that all of the buttons redraw on top (no more mystical gestures required) but the background remains transparent.
I had one instance of the copy menu that was transparent, but only one — can it be some sort of timing issue?

If I jump to the copy menu and then close it, and do that repeatedly, I'll get two instances of WB (two task-bar entries) that need to be terminated forcibly.

This is with earlier and later versions of the video driver for my machine.

I should try WB on a different machine (they're all XP SP3 here) which I'll try a little later today.

Ath:
After adding a possible compatibility fix, adding Tooltips to all buttons and some minor fixes, WinButtons 2.6.2.1 is released!

Download and read more at the release thread

cranioscopical:
I still get this, probably my video card/driver.

If I move the window (white and black in the attached image) over which part of WB is visible, those buttons move with it, while the area outside the window remains in place.
Clearly this doesn't happen with other users, so don't feel compelled to pursue it.

Ath:
You did try the althide=1 option I presume? If yes, then it's 99.9% chance of a videocard driver issue, IMHO.

Oh, and Always on Top is enabled by default, maybe it helps to turn that off (ontop=0)

Btw, I'm also interested to hear what video card you have in your system (don't recall if you mentioned that before) (maybe I should avoid that brand/model ;D)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version