ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: On Screen Button That Sends Keyboard Commands

<< < (10/47) > >>

cranioscopical:
Ath,

This is impressive stuff. I really haven't made the time to work with it yet.

There must be some quirk with my video (though it seems okay with other stuff).
On the first run out of the box I get the top menu. If I jump to the copy menu, which displays perfectly, and then close that I get the bottom menu (it's transparent with some odd button/colour changes).
This isn't a result of the later version changes, it's been constant as you've been working away at improvements.

Ath:
Hm, tried to have that also happening over here, but I couldn't. There are some issues with hiding and re-showing the chain of windows, though, that I have to work on, but that's not cosmetically, but functionally.
What Windows version and Theme and Shell (Explorer or an alternative?) are you running? as I've only tested with Glass on standard Win7 x64 with Explorer.

[tech mode]
I'm using a call of SetWindowPos with (AutoIt3) flags BitOR($SWP_HIDEWINDOW, $SWP_NOACTIVATE, $SWP_NOMOVE, $SWP_NOZORDER, $SWP_NOSIZE) to hide, and $SWP_SHOWWINDOW in the appropriate place to restore the window. That shouldn't touch the background color though.
The standard function WinSetState() was pretty slow, so I searched and found an alternative. I can supply a test-release if you like, using the 'trusted' WinSetState calls?
[/tech mode]

Oh, and the "Push 1ce" and "shme 2" buttons are shown when you press the red "nger ca" button...

The implicit feature request of shadowing the caption as a tooltip is already scheduled for the next release ;)

Ath:
@cranioscopical, please test the attached pre-release of WinButtons 2.6.2, that has the new althide setting (add althide=1 to the [Settings] section of WinButtons.ini) and -ah/-ah- command-line parameters to use an alternative Window Hide method (WinSetState instead of SetWindowPos), to see if the background coloring issues go away.

TIA

Edit: Now that WinButtons 2.6.2.1 is officially released, with althide option available as a feature, this interim release has been removed.

cranioscopical:
@cranioscopical, please test the attached pre-release of WinButtons 2.6.2, that has the new althide setting (add althide=1 to the [Settings] section of WinButtons.ini) and -ah/-ah- command-line parameters to use an alternative Window Hide method (WinSetState instead of SetWindowPos), to see if the background coloring issues go away.

-Ath (April 13, 2011, 03:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Will do, soon, thanks. It was not my intention to complain!

Sometimes, when WinButtons returns to topmost, the transparent areas are filled with parts of the window beneath which it had been.
Occasionally, WinButtons shows only one button (top left, the flower). Moving the mouse over the areas where other buttons should be causes them to appear. Personally, I rather like this hypnotic gesturing interface. I think you could be on to the next big leap in O/S design  ;D
Hitting 'Submenu 4' launches another instance and I have to resort to killing off both of them.

I'm on XP SP3, Windows XP theme (with some basic changes to colours and fonts).

I'll get back to you, thanks for responding!

Ath:
Any chance this is related to a video driver, perhaps?, as this is rather basic AutoIt3 script, nothing fancy on the UI side. Lets first wait and see if the althide option makes a difference.

Hitting 'Submenu 4' launches another instance and I have to resort to killing off both of them.
-cranioscopical (April 13, 2011, 09:03 AM)
--- End quote ---
Usually (sub-)instances of WinButtons can be closed by pressing <Esc>... (unless that's disabled by setting exitonesc=0) or <Alt-F4> (that can't be disabled)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version