ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: On Screen Button That Sends Keyboard Commands

<< < (16/47) > >>

cranioscopical:
I was kinda expecting you to find something
-Ath (June 11, 2011, 08:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

I see we share the same low expectations of my mental faculties — see below

And the work-around for this issue is to save and re-open the new file
-Ath (June 11, 2011, 08:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

:-[ :-[ :-[  It wasn't that. Looking at it now, I was trying to create a button without first creating a group!  :-[ :-[ :-[

I'll be back…

Ath:
I see we share the same low expectations of my mental faculties
-cranioscopical (June 11, 2011, 09:51 AM)
--- End quote ---
Your reputation of tool-breaker / bug-finder is kindofa public secret around these forums :P

I was trying to create a button without first creating a group!
-cranioscopical (June 11, 2011, 09:51 AM)
--- End quote ---
The actual fix is that I create the (mandatory) '<no group>' treeview item, when you start a new Configuration using File/New. Creating a new group won't help you either, as you prolly have found out by now...

cranioscopical:

Your reputation of tool-breaker / bug-finder is kindofa public secret around these forums :P

--- End quote ---

And that's not the only reputation I have round here!  :(

The actual fix is that I create the (mandatory) '<no group>' treeview item, when you start a new Configuration using File/New. Creating a new group won't help you either, as you prolly have found out by now...

--- End quote ---

Indeed I have.

So, I decided to take a copy of Winbuttons.ini and delete from that everything but the first button, then go from there.
Part of the way through the deletion process I got this:
Line 1325 (of winbuttons.exe on my system)
Error: Array variable subscript badly formatted

Also, I tried:
  file/new
    then without doing anything
  File save (as MyTest.ini)
That doesn't seem to want to save.

Before long I may have to read something!

Are we having fun yet? Just pray that you find no other users with my skill(?!) set.

Ath:
I've done a lot bugfixing, because ewemoa and cranioscopical did a lot of testing. Thanks guys :Thmbsup:

WinButtonEdit 0.8.2.0 is available for download from the original release-post (included with WinButtons)

What's new:
2011-06-11, v0.8.2.0 (RC3)

* ! Fixed Tree selection issues when clicking a button in the preview (ewemoa)
* ! Fixed File/Open, File/Save or File/Save as... then selecting WinButtonEdit.ini gives a warning and doesn't open/save that file (ewemoa)
* ! Fixed Initial treeview didn't display the expander image on the last Group tree-item when not expanded initially (ewemoa)
* ! Fixed File/New to create the Empty group in the tree (cranioscopical)
* ! Fixed Deleting all buttons crashed with array-index errors (cranioscopical)
* ! Fixed File/Save didn't write a new file because all parameters saved where default and so not saved. Now always stores Top and Left settings so the file is actually saved (cranioscopical)
from Vista and up Ctrl-A selects the content of the edit. Seems that's a feature since Vista was introduced :o
-Ath (June 11, 2011, 08:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
Not sure if I want to 'fix' that for Windows XP, as it's also not available in any standard Windows input control.

If there's more issues, please tell me about it, and thanks for the effort so far, guys, much appreciated :-*

ewemoa:
Thanks for the new release.  Hope to try it soon :)

from Vista and up Ctrl-A selects the content of the edit. Seems that's a feature since Vista was introduced :o
-Ath
--- End quote ---

Not sure if I want to 'fix' that for Windows XP, as it's also not available in any standard Windows input control.
-Ath
--- End quote ---

Hmm, more reason to use SelectAll I guess...pardon the plug ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version