ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: On Screen Button That Sends Keyboard Commands

<< < (27/47) > >>

Ath:
BTW, when I choose File->New, I see a preview that shows a button labelled "Test button".  I don't suppose it's easy to have no button displayed, but still with some sort of blank preview...
-ewemoa (June 20, 2011, 08:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, at first I couldn't get it to behave with no buttons available, but I guess I should go for an empty (no buttons) window, instead of a non-functional button. I'll see what goes best.

I'll see if I can defer a final decision by breaking something else in WB ;)
-cranioscopical (June 20, 2011, 07:53 PM)
--- End quote ---
;D

Both of you, thanks for the heads up :up:

ewemoa:
XP SP3 WB 3.3.0.0 WBE 0.9.1.1

Using image specified in .wbuc file with .ico file in same directory as WB and WBE exes, the image of the .ico is displayed in preview of WBE, but not when using .wbuc file from WB.

--- Code: Text ---[Settings]left=-1top=-1closebutton=1border=1taskbar=1vertical=1[Buttons]button1=New Button 1command1=-sub -?caption1=New Button 1image1=Video2MP3.ico
On a related note, noticed that image of .ico doesn't appear to get scaled appropriately.  Specific case was .ico extracted from Video2MP3.exe -- 128x128 button size shows whole image, but smaller sizes tried (e.g. 48x48) show a portion of the image.  Would be nice if scaling worked :)

Also, any chance of supporting specification of icon from .exe?

Ath:
Using image specified in .wbuc file with .ico file in same directory as WB and WBE exes, the image of the .ico is displayed in preview of WBE, but not when using .wbuc file from WB.
-ewemoa (June 26, 2011, 06:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
Did you place the .ico file to the same directory as where the .wbuc file is?128x128 button size shows whole image, but smaller sizes tried (e.g. 48x48) show a portion of the image.  Would be nice if scaling worked
--- End quote ---
I'll check that out
Also, any chance of supporting specification of icon from .exe?
--- End quote ---
Ah, a feature request :up:, I'll investigate.

ewemoa:
--- End quote ---
Did you place the .ico file to the same directory as where the .wbuc file is?
-Ath (June 27, 2011, 01:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
Sorry if this was unclear.  WB, WBE, the .wbuc file, and the .ico file all live in the same directory.  Is that clearer?

Good luck with your investigation regarding the scaling and thanks for considering the exe / icon feature request :)

Ath:
I tried to solve a few issues reported by ewemoa, and also implemented his feature request:

* Showing an icon in WBE preview but not when running WB: Undetermined, the same code is 'included' for both exe's. Was the .wbuc/.ini file saved?
* Would be nice if scaling worked: Scaling is not directly supported for button-images, investigation continues
* any chance of supporting specification of icon from .exe?: Implemented in this release :)
So today I bring to you WinButtons 3.3.1 and WinButtonEdit 0.9.2.3 (RC9)

The What's new for WinButtons can be found on the original release post

WinButtonEdit
Change history since the previous release (RC8):

--- Code: Text ---2011-07-02, v0.9.2.3 (RC9)  + Added support for Environment and macro expansion when using images, so @SystemDir@\shell32.dll,-121  + Added automatic translation between directories available through @ macros when selecting an image file, examples: @WindowsDir@, @SystemDir@, etc.2011-07-01, v0.9.2.2 (RC9) (not released)  * Improved Image selection dialog for .exe/.dll/.ocx/.icl support and updated relevant routines  + Added Icon selection dialog during Image selection, if .exe/.dll/.ocx/.icl file is opened  ! Changed all File selection dialogs to return to the original directory after use  ! Changed when selecting a button in the sample display, return focus to WBE2011-06-30, v0.9.2.1 (RC9) (not released)  * Improved adding icons from exe and dll support, searching for larger display of icons2011-06-27, v0.9.2.0 (RC9) (not released)  + Added support for icons from exe and dll files, and also support for an icon index into the file (requested by ewemoa)  * Changed Added *.exe and *.dll to image selection dialog
The download is as usual available from the original release post, WinButtonEdit.exe and readme is included in the zipfile with WinButtons.exe, that also has it's sourcecode and updated readme.

Feedback is, as always, welcome :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version