ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FScript2, a new way to build javascript plugins for FARR

<< < (4/7) > >>

ecaradec:
mouser you're a master at praising then critisizing...

If this could work, it would be wonderful.

I'm not sure how it could work within the current FARR plugin system although, loading several times the same DLL would not create different plugins in memory. Each API call would then need to be modified to add some context (the hostptr probably) to know which plugin it refers too. (An easier solution could be to add method to query the actual hostptr, that would at least avoid to duplicate the whole plugin API, but you'll have to set it carefully before doing any call to plugins )

At that point the FARR plugins would be able to embed multiple plugins inside one and fscript2 could be located anywhere...

May be I miss something ?

ecaradec:
I've been trying to drop plug-in items from FARR one at a time.
I had fscript2 working with just 1 plug-in (TimeZone - thanks Perry) but then FARR threw an error as soon as I tried to look at the plug-ins list.
-cranioscopical (January 08, 2011, 01:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, I've found that I've outdated plugins, may be this is why I can't reproduce this issue. I'll try to find the exact same version. Which version of FARR do you have btw, if I have the exact same setup I should get it dammit ;) ?

cranioscopical:
Thanks, I've found that I've outdated plugins, may be this is why I can't reproduce this issue. I'll try to find the exact same version. Which version of FARR do you have btw, if I have the exact same setup I should get it dammit ;) ?
-ecaradec (January 08, 2011, 01:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

v2.93.01

FWIW, whatever combination of plug-ins that I've tried here, causing an ugly with fscript2/FARR, has been corrected by reverting to the old system.
I haven't tried with no plug-ins at all — should I do so?

Mouser's praise for you is first probably because it's so well deserved  :Thmbsup:

ecaradec:
I tried to reproduce your problem cranioscopical... I have setup the exact same combination of plugins but I don't get crashes. The only thing that seems different is that timezone keeps showing me the following message :

---------------------------
TimeZone Data Download
---------------------------
No records extracted. The datafile has not been written. The days not parsed:
Please see DayName_Log.txt and adjust the INI file.

--- End quote ---

Other than that it seems to work. I think we need someone else to test to know if there is something special on my PC or yours.

mouser:
I'm not sure how it could work within the current FARR plugin system although, loading several times the same DLL would not create different plugins in memory. Each API call would then need to be modified to add some context (the hostptr probably) to know which plugin it refers too.
--- End quote ---

ah i see, i knew it was too simple an idea.

ok i will start helping to test fscript2.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version