ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Fast/Responsive programs: An official SuperboyAC list

<< < (4/7) > >>

cmpm:
Very fast load time word processor.

Free.
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com/en/nova.htm

And it's big brother is fast too.
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com/en/

40hz:
To go along with Atlantis mentioned above, here are two more excellent wordprocessors that are small in footprint and long on features:

AngelWriter by Angelic Software.

This is one of my all time favs. Slick, very familiar interface, with a surprising amount of features packed in. It has support for tables, pictures, and most everything else the average or more sophisticated user could want.

Unrestricted freeware - donations accepted. Full details and download link here.

Also nice is the Tomahawk series of wordprocessors available from Native Winds LLC.

Tomahawk ships in two versions. Tomahawk PDF+ v3.0.1 is free for personal use. It's portable and has a huge list of features - including the built-in ability to export to PDF format. That alone would make it a worthy addition to any USB software collection even if it weren't for the fact it's such an excellent WP.

Free for non-commercial use. Info and download links here.

Users who want even more can take a look at their commercial ($36 USD) product Tomahawk Gold. This edition packs so many features (including the ability to create simple PDF forms complete with editable entry fields) that it's almost scary. At $36 per license it's probably one of the biggest software bargains out there.

Try before you buy. Further info and download link here.

------------

Note: check out the Native Winds About Us page if you get a chance.

NativeWinds is located near Whitehall, Montana in the Highland Mountain Range of the Rockies. The small town of Whitehall is situated in the southwestern part of Montana in the Jefferson Valley. Lots of mountains are nearby. To the southeast of Whitehall are the Tobacco Root Mountains, Bull Mountain is directly to the north and the Highland Mountains sit to the west. This is a small farm and ranch community of around 1,200 people where kids can still stop in at the local movie theater and catch the latest release (for us anyway) for a mere $2 dollars. Adult prices are $3 dollars. Traveling through the town of Whitehall in the spring and fall can take awhile. You never know when you'll sit at a stop sign for 30 minutes waiting for a cattle drive to clear the intersection.

You have to travel a ways from here to find any large centers of population. The closest town with a population of 50,000 plus is 126 miles away in Great Falls, Montana. To reach a city with a 200,000 plus population, you'll have to travel 648 miles south to Denver, Colorado.

The home of NativeWinds Software sits at an elevation of 6,500 feet above sea level and near the top of the Continental Divide in the Highland Mountain Range. We are surrounded on all 4 sides by the Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forest. In addition to the standard fare you'd expect to find here - multiple computers in every room, bookshelves lining the walls, thousands of backup CD's and coffee cups within arm reach no matter where you stand; if you take the time to venture outside you'll see horses in corrals or pens to the north, east and south. Deer, elk, moose, coyotes, wolves and black bear are regular visitors who are kept at bay by 2 dogs of questionable descent who also consider this home.
--- End quote ---

Sounds like a pretty cool place to work...

8)

Bamse:
From your preferences you will have to hate IrfanView not to include it. I prefer XnView but IrfanView is close to my definition of snappy :)

About Everything be sure you use latest version, not the one on frontpage. Check changlog at forum section "Announcement". It says 20 and 100 times faster and it is. I can sort 450000 objects in 4-5 secs, and up to at least 55000 is close to instant. Last update is already old so some have declared it abondonware. Not so if you ask the forum (and shut up and be happy with a free product). Still highly screwed up release policy. Don't know if that counts. If money is the problem I am sure many people would gladly pay lets say 10$ for this program. One of those I wish would go payware to be honest. If Microsoft reads this it should be added they are idiots for not including similar functionality in Windows.

superboyac:
40's on a roll!!

Bamse's right, I don't like Irfanview as a program, but it sure is fast.

cmpm:
XnView has a Shell Extension enhancement now.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/xnviewse.html

Also there is CreativeDocs.Net for some interesting work.
A little slow at first start but a bit faster after that.

http://www.creativedocs.net/downloads/files/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version