ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Fast/Responsive programs: An official SuperboyAC list

<< < (3/7) > >>

40hz:
whoa, this list is going to get big fast.
-superboyac (January 07, 2011, 05:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sure is.

Fortunately for all of us, Donation Coder is one of the places where crowdsourcing actually seems to work rather well. Good crew here. Sure glad I found DoCo. Not a day goes by without somebody posting something I can use or be entertained by.  :Thmbsup:

MilesAhead:
The pop-up note taker category is interesting.  Not a dedicated pop-up note taker, but TreePad Lite could be used for that purpose.

http://www.treepad.com/treepadfreeware/

As a "database" just create an .hjt file with it named "PopUpNotes.hjt" or whatever.  Any mechanism to launch whether a launcher hotkey program, a .cmd file or whatever to open the .hjt file.  When it opens in TreePad Lite the root node should be selected. To create a new child node for your note hit the Insert key.  After naming the node hit the Tab key to type or paste text for the note.

TreePad Lite has the fewest features. No image support. But for that reason it's very snappy when it opens.  The .hjt file format is all text.  You can store quite a number of notes in a few KB.

40hz:
@rjbull - thanks for the mention of TED. I took a quick scan of the features list and was quite impressed. I've been looking for something that was small, made extensive use of key combos, and offered word completion. That would make it ideal for use as an editor for forum and blog composition IMO.

If this thing works half as well as it looks, it will become a permanent addition to my toolbox. And that's a pretty rare event these days. 8)

:Thmbsup:

4wd:
Notepad2 - Notepad replacement, standalone capable.

Even better is Notepad2-mod
Changes compared to the official Notepad2:

Code folding
    Support for bookmarks
    Syntax highlighting support for AutoHotKey, AutoIt3, Bash, LaTeX, Lua, Ruby, Tcl, NSIS and Inno Setup scripts
    Improved support for NFO ANSI art
    Support for replacing Windows Notepad using a clean, unintrusive registry-based method
    Native x86-64 support
    Other various minor changes and tweaks
--- End quote ---

40hz:
I'm frequently driven crazy by people who say things like "Why don't we get together and (fill in the blank) say...three weeks from now?"

I'm one of those people who uses specific dates for everything. I'm not comfortable with concepts like "three Fridays from now" when making plans. So a convenient calendar is a good thing to have.

Enter AMP Calendar from AMPSoft. A simple portable app that does one thing extremely well. It puts a one-year pop-up calendar in your system tray.

Click on the tray and you get this:

Now when somebody says, "Can you come over the Friday after next?", I can pop up AMP Calender and immediately respond, "That would be the Friday that falls on the 21st of this month?"

My friends are impressed - and my enemies terrified!  :Thmbsup: ;D

------------

Note: AMP Calendar can be customized if you want to change the default colors, number of columns, show the week number, etc.

I particularly like the number of columns option.

Normally, one-year calendars will show three columns to roughly coincide with the four seasons. But for some strange reason, my year seems to more naturally break into three "seasons" of four months each (Jan-Apr/May-Aug/Sep-Dec). Being able to select the number of columns allows me to display a calender with my seasons of the year. (FYI - the official names for the 40hz seasons are: Wet, Allergy, and Fall in case anybody's interested.)  :mrgreen:

Setting it up to display a scrolling "on top" 1-column or 12 column layout could also be handy for somebody who is constantly booking appointments.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version