topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 11:13 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: [not a bug] Grid relative edges respect taskbar but not docked images?  (Read 7802 times)

lolmaus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I'm using an IM with buddy list docked to a side of my monitor.

When i maximize a window using Windows native maximize button, the window maximizes without overlapping the docked buddy list and the taskbar.

Why doesn't GridMove behave the same?

When calculating relative grid edges, it takes taskbar into consideration but ignores docked windows. I think this is a flaw.

Please fix it! ^^
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 07:19 AM by lolmaus »

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Grid relative edges respect taskbar but not docked images?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 05:50 AM »
GridMove uses the area which windows returns as available. Apparently, that area includes the area where your buddy list is docked, there isn't anything I can do.
What you can do is edit the grid you're using to not include that area.

lolmaus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I've decided to follow your advice and found out that GridMove's relative grid edges DO respect docked windows!

It was just me using a bad grid.

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Cool :D

lolmaus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hey jgpaiva!

I had reported a bug here but then discovered i cannot reproduce it and reported that i had mistaken.

Recently i started using GridMove after a period of inactivity and discovered that the bug persists. I investigated it and here's the result.

When started, GridMove does respect docked windows. But if you undock a window and dock it back, GridMove will no longer respect it: when placing windows on grid, it would place them behind the docked window. :(

To resolve the issue, i have to restart GridMove every time i drag a dockable window.

This is definitely a bug. Please say you're gonna fix it. :)

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi!

I see the problem. It is related with changing resolutions. I fixed this sometime in the past by forcing GridMove to reload every time it found a change in resolution. However, it caused more trouble than benefit and I ended up disabling that part of the code :(