ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: HTML Mail Merge

<< < (6/8) > >>

Ath:
I fixed the download links in the release message, thanks for reporting that. As a workaround you could have gone to the DCMembers page, and grabbed the download from there.

bootz15:
Eureka! Great job! :Thmbsup:

bootz15:
I just noticed that cell formulas aren't calculated in the the html output (only the formula definition is displayed). Not sure if it's possible to do this, but it would be a cool feature.  8)

Ath:
cell formulas aren't calculated in the the html output (only the formula definition is displayed).
-bootz15 (July 26, 2011, 08:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
It is supposed to display the result of the calculation, not the formula, with some exceptions (imposed by the POI project...) : It can not process custom/user formulas, as it doesn't know how to handle the VBA involved. And it won't until someone implements a VBA interpreter in Java :o
There are more restrictions on formula's as described in this Apache POI page
I tested with quite simple '=J2+J3' etc. formula's (that didn't get into the demo data, but will be in the next update) and that works just fine.

Can you give an example of a formula (and an expected result, if possible) that doesn't compute?

I did some investigation, and it seems I need to re-evaluate all formulas when reading them. That requires another library jar (ooxml-schemas instead of the much smaller poi-ooxml-schemas) so the download will increase quite a bit. I'll release v2.0.1.0 shortly after this message (v2.0.0.1 is already available with just minor changes, but I didn't have time to write the announcement).

Ath:
Now that I've solved the formula evaluation issue, as reported by bootz15 I can announce the update:

Excel2Html v2.0.1.0
The what's new is added to the original release thread.

A full re-download is required as I had to replace one of the .jar libraries with a more extensive version ('ooxml-schemas' replacing 'poi-ooxml-schemas') but that's also ~10 MB larger :o

Comments, requests, remarks, etc. are all welcome :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version