ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: HTML Mail Merge

<< < (3/8) > >>

bootz15:
I just ran "Excel2Html -f testaddresses.xlsx -t Excel2Html-all-template.html -o test.html" and again got the same error message above. It errors after Excel opens, like it's trying to open a file? Sorry, don't know how to attach an image.

I'm using v0.5.0.0 on Windows 7 x64, Excel 2007.

Ath:
Might be a 'Trust' issue.
Excel is supposed to open the file, and E2H then accesses the Excel objectmodel in memory to select all data, copies that to the Windows Clipboard and processes it from there to merge it using the template. If E2H isn't allowed to access the in-memory Excel instance, then the errormessage you showed is one of several that could occur.
You might need to configure Excel to allow access to the VBA Object Model in the Excel Trust center (Office button, Options button, Trust center, Settings for Trust center, Macro settings, enable checkbox: 'Allow access... VBA ...' (translated from localized Office)).

Maybe this should have been in the readme file, but I kinda forgot I had this enabled before I started this little project :-[

bootz15:
I did that, but I still get line 574 error  :(

(Note that test.html never gets created.)

Ath:
Then could you please install AutoIt3 from here (during install, select to execute the .au3 file by default, not to edit it) and run from the .au3 file (you could rename the .exe to something else), the proposed commandline would be like:
 "Excel2Html.au3 -f testaddresses.xlsx -t Excel2Html-all-template.html -o test.html"
and report the actual errormessage the script errors out with, as the line-number from the compiled .exe is not anywhere near correct or realistic.

bootz15:
Error Msg:

Line 191 (File ...autoit3\Include\Excel.au3)

Appears to be this line:

If $sPassword = "" And $sWritePassword = "" Then .WorkBooks.Open($sFilePath, Default, $fReadOnly)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version