ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What in the world is "Refactoring?"

<< < (3/3)

f0dder:
i've just never really learned to make use of refactoring tools and don't see myself doing so.-mouser (January 03, 2011, 05:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's a pity, since some of it is really boring manual work. Especially in the C#/.NET land, ReSharper is pretty darn awesome. Whole Tomato's Visual Assist is pretty good for C++. Dunno what offers there are for BCB...

But it's definitely nice working with refactoring support that's well integrated in your IDE. Trying to, say, rename stuff across a whole project definitely isn't fun without it.

CodeTRUCKER:
it really depends on what kind of coder you are and how well you take to these new fangled IDE fancy tools.

if you're anything like me, it's too late for your brain to really make good use of them.  when my code needs to be improved i do it by hand or with dead simple search and replace stuff.  i've just never really learned to make use of refactoring tools and don't see myself doing so.

-mouser (January 03, 2011, 05:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oops... missed this!

Unfortunately, I have forgotten more than I will ever learn from here on out.  I wish I could be refactored.  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version