ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: WordCaster

<< < (2/4) > >>

wraith808:
I broke the original definitions trying to fix the monkey case. :(  Download the config file and overwrite, or the zip, and the normal cases should work.  I have to figure out why it thinks that monkey doesn't match.

mouser:
maybe the download is being cached and not grabbing the latest version when we try to download.

otherwise if its just still not working, take a deep breath, relax, and give yourself a few hours to fix it and test it with a few different words :)

wraith808:
I just uploaded a new version of the config file and the zip.  The line you can check to make sure you have the latest in the config file has the regex expression "((noun)|(verb))1\..*?\. *?2\."  If it has a fixed number of spaces before the 2, it's not the latest config file.  It was a combination of my regex and dictionary.com not being consistent across definitions.  In all of my tests, there were 2 spaces before the second definition.  In the case of Monkey, there's only one space.  I'm sure there will be other cases that don't fit the examples I put in the config file... just let me know (or in the case of people better in regex, maybe you can correct it for me :)) and I'll update it.  If you add dictionaries to the file, send those too so I can update the base installation if you don't mind. :)

mouser:
Wraith, can I ask you to give us 3 words that you can look up and return valid results for dictionaries 1 and 2.
That way we are at least testing it on the same things.  Most of the words i test give that error.

wraith808:
Some I used for the first case include: bus, test, monkey, knight, moon, stream, donation, code, program, stream, desk, table.

For the second case, I used: blog, weblog

I didn't test the second case as much, putting it in there more as an example of what it could do than anything else, so I don't have any other ones offhand.  I did it on a couple of machines other than my development machines to make sure it was nothing on my computer also, though all of them were on my local network, though I don't think that should make a difference.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version