ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

RedLetterMedia Reviews Star Wars and more

(1/5) > >>

mouser:
I thought this might have been posted on the forum before, but this is pure genius stuff.

It's super long, very funny, quite NSFW with lots of cursing, and as deep a movie review and take down as you'll find.

I'm rewatching the hour+ review of "Revenge of the Sith" right now, and I can't get enough.  Old but brilliant.

http://www.redlettermedia.com/

mouser:
If the term EPIC was ever appropriate, this is it.

Renegade:
Well, I watched about 20 min, but didn't particularly enjoy it. I didn't find the humor particularly clever. He seems to go very far out of his way to miss the point on everything and then criticize it because it has no point. There's no flow to anything and no progression. It's just random stuff.

I suppose that the humor will be good for some people. I'm just not one of them. The again, I don't like medical dramas like "House" and never liked "Friends" either. Just personal taste.

Then again, I enjoyed all 3 prequels. To me it was clear that they show the rise and fall of Anakin. Episodes IV, V, and VI continue the story of Darth Vader with Ep. VI being the redemption. It's very much a fairy tale and shares many common elements you find in different mythologies.

He of course rants about Jarjar Binx, but he's the prequel's equivalent of C-3PO, i.e. Comic relief. You can trash Shakespeare for using comic relief the same way. Jarjar and C-3PO are blatant and obvious. There's no hiding their purpose. But that's good for kids as it makes things more accessible for them.

For anyone else, do watch it. I'm sure many people will find it very entertaining.

mouser:
i can definitely understand why some people don't like it.. the humour is very strange, and it's definitely going to be more enjoyable to those who were not happy with the movies.

but what i find most surprising is how serious and genuinely insightful many of his points can get, even while being presented in the most crude way.  if you hop around the review you're bound to run into a couple that really make you think and are actually very well thought out high brow commentaries on effective movie making.

Renegade:
i can definitely understand why some people don't like it.. the humour is very strange, and it's definitely going to be more enjoyable to those who were not happy with the movies.

but what i find most surprising is how serious and genuinely insightful many of his points can get, even while being presented in the most crude way.  if you hop around the review you're bound to run into a couple that really make you think and are actually very well thought out high brow commentaries on effective movie making.
-mouser (January 02, 2011, 07:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Normally I'd love that kind of stuff. Profanity and fart jokes are always funny~! :D (Go Terrence and Philip~!)

It's really long though. I'd only watch the beginning, so I must have missed the good parts.

I think you're right about people that didn't like the movies or people that were disappointed in them being more entertained by it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version